War for the Overworld Kickstarter - Dungeon Keeper 3 (or the sequel that never was)

ArchangelX

Veteran XV
Just wanted to share this...I didn't see anything in a search. I was a huge fan of Dungeon Keeper 1 & 2 as well as similar games in its vein such as Evil Genius and Overlord.

Kickstarter
War for the Overworld by Subterranean Games — Kickstarter

Official Website
https://wftogame.com/

photo-full.jpg

There's a long history to this development. It originally started out as a free enthusiast game that was trying to be the sequel that never was, ie, Dungeon Keeper 3, War for the Overworld. Over time, there were some complications and like most projects it looked like part of the team had left and the project was going to fail. But they rallied and were able to really put a fantastic team together that I think can do the game credit. Better than "Dungeons" at least.

Watch the vid: War for the Overworld by Subterranean Games — Kickstarter

I believe they were even able to get the original "evil mentor" Richard Ridings for the voice-over for the video and possibly the game if they meet one of their flex goals. That would be awesome.

If you look at the quality of their current build as well as their concept art you can really see that they've got some serious talent. The game looks good, the character designs are awesome and well-imagined, and I think they can do a great job.

If you're a fan of DK, you'll probably dig this. It's also being built on the Unity engine, so ports to all types are possible.

I'm gonna go pledge right now. I'm still pretty shocked that the promised sequel was never made considering the popularity. Electronic Arts reall scewed up on that part. This is looking to fix that.

63656f6f829739467410b9833a0e4993_large.png

Last edited:
I've been pretty selective about that...so far just Shadowrun, Carmageddon, Star Citizen, and the Wasteland sequel.

I think they'll put out something great...the Carmageddon team has been pretty awesome thus far.

There's an alpha available on their website...pretty awesome potential, I think.

zrzut_ekranu-3-jpg.299

If you know what this is, I'm sure you'll be excited.

For the Dungeon Keeper fans...check out the playable in-browser showcase...it's awesome! They nailed the DK atmosphere. The music is great, and I'm impressed by the modeling.

It's on the Unity engine...check it out here: https://wftogame.com/demo

£78,551
pledged of £150,000 goal

yeah. kickstarters usually get a big surge somewhere near the start. this is already halfway through. I loved dungeon keeper but I don't think this is going to work out.

I totaly take it back, they've got the original DK creater, Peter Molyneux, to back them and make a support video.

And TotalBiscuit has now made a YouTube video as well...

They jumped up over 20k in one day and it looks like they'll make it. At $225k they'll get the orginal narrator for it...I think alot of people are getting excited about this.

i dont know why people freak about kickstarter
if you pledge and goal isnt reached, you dont get billed

ONO

take a little risk for an interesting title

belieb in yourself

Back