[Walking Dead] Can these characters get any dumber?

Flash

Veteran XX
Giving mouth to mouth to a potential zombie? Seriously... The characters are screwed as it is making good decisions, do the writers really have to make them completely retarded to add suspense?

at least they made rick kill a couple of the prisoners off

I was hoping with the hardening of rick from last season he would just quickly execute them

Spoiler

So how come Tiny was told he was basically going to become a zombie? That wound wouldn't have killed him...
Yes, it would have. He was scratched by the arm bones of a zombie. That's enough of an exchange of fluids to kill him, albeit slowly.

so if you die of like natural causes or disease or falling off a cliff you turn into a zombie

but if you get scratched by a zombie you also turn into a zombie

?

Yes, it would have. He was scratched by the arm bones of a zombie. That's enough of an exchange of fluids to kill him, albeit slowly.

But they all have the virus... No hydrogen peroxide/alcohol eh in that infirmary eh? Oh yeah, Carl took it all when his mother wasn't watching him.

so if you die of like natural causes or disease or falling off a cliff you turn into a zombie

but if you get scratched by a zombie you also turn into a zombie

?

This I believe, is not the case...

Everyone has the "virus" and you turn into a zombie when you die from whatever.

In a world with no antibiotics or anti-virals
getting a bite or scratch from a zombie is akin to getting bit in the face by a brown recluse or a cobra.
The nasty black goo is going to fuck you up.

In a world with no antibiotics or anti-virals
getting a bite or scratch from a zombie is akin to getting bit in the face by a brown recluse or a cobra.
The nasty black goo is going to fuck you up.

Maybe I'm wrong and the goo is like teh AIDS, everyone has something like HIV, and dead is what triggers the goo.

Remember in the Season 1 finale the black goo started to appear when the Scientists wife died, and then he shot her.

edit - forgot to add: ...and the goo alone will slowly kill humans... It's like some Facehugger/Chestburster/Xenomorph type shiitake, sort of.

Last edited:
I don't mean it like the zombie plague is what kills you, I mean it as just so many infectious pathogens that normally we could treat with medicine just overwhelm your immune system. Coming into contact with a corpse and having fluid transfer into a wound can't be good for you.

this is the problem with slow zombies, you need the characters to make stupid mistakes for anything to happen.

Anyone ever go 2-3 days without food? Ever gone 2-3 days without sleep?
Ever do both at the same time? That's how you would act stupid in this situation.

Ever do both at the same time? That's how you would act stupid in this situation.

Gone seven days without food but had water once upon a time. That alone wouldn't cause mistakes, but I'm sure compounding it with lack of sleep and slight dehydration would.

lol make excuse for shitty written show

eventually most ppl will c how bad walking ded rly is

Back