TW Gun bros, step in here

If you want something for edc, then get a small 9mm like a Glock 19 or a S&W M&P9c. Something you can conceal.

9mm still selling like crazy in pa, can't find it on shelves reliably week to week.

CZ-75 feels really good in the hands btw, it's a 1911. They have a model that is striker fire as well just depends on your preference

Hellcat and P365 are still the hot EDC girls right now.

Walther PPS M2 is still an EDC cutie.

Had a chance to put a couple of mags thru a Beretta APX carry. It was good.

Not quite sure I understand the red dot EDC craze. I guess if there's money to be made... lulz

DPMicro_Launch-11.png

After some research, I picked up a Glock 17 (Gen 5), followed by a Ruger SP101.

VERY happy with both.

Looking at getting a Mossberg Shockwave for my next purchase.

If you're looking for some solid, no bullshit information regarding any and all firearms, I'd recommend this YouTube channel: hickok45 - YouTube

9mm still selling like crazy in pa, can't find it on shelves reliably week to week.

CZ-75 feels really good in the hands btw, it's a 1911. They have a model that is striker fire as well just depends on your preference

a cz-75 isnt a 1911..

You could look for a hi power or a vis p35 with the shoulder stock groove and put together a carbine stock. There's probably a few Marlin and Ruger 9mm carbines out there to choose from.

Remember, sear fired weapons fire from an open bolt position. Easy to see its not loaded, but will have reliability issues.

Last edited:
After some research, I picked up a Glock 17 (Gen 5), followed by a Ruger SP101.

VERY happy with both.

Looking at getting a Mossberg Shockwave for my next purchase.

If you're looking for some solid, no bullshit information regarding any and all firearms, I'd recommend this YouTube channel: hickok45 - YouTube
I'll second Hickok

CZ P-10, Sig P320, and S&W M&P M2.0 are your best not-Glock options for 9mm handgun. Those are my top 3 anyway. Walther, Springfield, FN, HK, Beretta, IWI, and even Arex also all have great options in this caliber.

For carbines, Ruger PCC is probably your cheapest option with lots of aftermarket support. Also look at Sig MPX, CZ Scorpion, and the good old HK MP5 (and variants). Normally I would recommend the Grand Power Stribog in this space, but they are having some teething issues with the SP9A3. Give it another year. SP9A1 Gen 1 is still good to go if you can find one used.

The problem will be finding anything in stock. Pickings are slim right now and that's driving prices way up. Use gun.deals and shop around as much as possible. Check prices against Gunbroker and if you find a better deal there from a reputable seller, jump on it.

You kinda picked a shitty time to buy.

if you decide to get a CZ scorpion make sure you get a replacement safety. The one that comes with it will rub your thumb raw unless you got tiny hands.

Back