[TV] Wayward Pines

ya

real fucking geniuses watch terribly cobbled-together youtube bullshit about insane shit that anybody w/ anything over a basic education can see is bullshit but is just crazy enough to be acutely spellbinding to literal fucking retards like urself

I really wanted to like this show, it has a sort of Alan Wake feel to it, but alas, it kinda sucks. Most of the acting is terrible. Someone should make an Alan Wake movie, that would be cool.

Uh it's M Night Shamayalanamenaemajale

Why the fuck would I waste my time?

I really wanted to like this show, it has a sort of Alan Wake feel to it, but alas, it kinda sucks. Most of the acting is terrible. Someone should make an Alan Wake movie, that would be cool.

That's exactly what I thought, too. Alan Wake feeling to it, which had inspiration from Twin Peaks, which this show also draws from apparently.

Last night's episode was good.

Also:

Eh.. wayward pines has its moments.

The main two problems with the show are:

1) I don't give a fuck about any of the characters, as I haven't been given a reason to give a fuck about them due to shitty writing.

2) There's no coherent plot point except "what's going on??" Even with the
Spoiler
reveal, which is barely believable with the
Spoiler
explanation, the show has recently been throwing that into doubt with a bunch of talk about
Spoiler

I dunno. Shit like this with a bunch of absurd plot turns whose only point are to keep the audience guessing don't hold too much interest for me.

Shows like Mr. Robot, on the other hand -- definitely worth watching.

Eh.. wayward pines has its moments.

The main two problems with the show are:

1) I don't give a fuck about any of the characters, as I haven't been given a reason to give a fuck about them due to shitty writing.

2) There's no coherent plot point except "what's going on??" Even with the
Spoiler
reveal, which is barely believable with the
Spoiler
explanation, the show has recently been throwing that into doubt with a bunch of talk about
Spoiler

I dunno. Shit like this with a bunch of absurd plot turns whose only point are to keep the audience guessing don't hold too much interest for me.

Shows like Mr. Robot, on the other hand -- definitely worth watching.

Spoiler

Filcher/Jenkins looked young and had more hair in the supposed flashbacks where he's meeting the "chosen" at lectures. He looked the same when they all popped out of the cryogenic chambers.

He looked older and had less hair talking to Burke's fellow agent in Seattle, and looks the same in the "present" Wayward Pines.

So he's young, then older, then younger, then older if the timeline is to be believed.

the show is terrible but i keep watching

apparently its based on a series of books

Spoiler

Show is good enough, nothing that is so dumb it is aggravating even if the plot twists and characters are pretty boring.

i hate the kid and fight the urge to skim through his parts

i've always had a thing for the actress that plays burke's wife, w/e

Back