Tribes : Ascend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also - someone else mentioned it earlier - but when you get caught in a duel - you get this one initial burst of energy - and then the rest of the fight you're pretty much stuck on the ground with little jumps here and there unless you use the bigger hills to your advantage. If there are no hills - like that broadside/watery map in the center area - you're pretty much fucked.

Solider is pretty good specifically for having a stronger disk and more health in that case.

imho soldier is without a doubt the dueling class. you can absolutely clean up as soldier in any 1 on 1. great nades, awesome disc, pistol can plink for that last bit of hp and energy pack.

So what the fuck do you people chase with?

I ended up chasing with the Ranger only because there is literally no other class with reasonable functionality.

-Pathfinder: No long-range at all, and the fucking shotgun blows.
-Jumper: It's ok but the pack it has is completely useless.
-Solder: No utility with its weapons.

Pathfinder is awesome for chasing if you have any idea what you are doing. Disk shots to blow them off course or kill them outright or flyovers with the impact nitron to dislodge the flag. Close flybys with the shotgun are devastating to light cappers also.

imho soldier is without a doubt the dueling class. you can absolutely clean up as soldier in any 1 on 1. great nades, awesome disc, pistol can plink for that last bit of hp and energy pack.

Yeah - using Soldier I was kicking all kinds of ass in the midfield. Disks seem to inherit velocity better with the soldier also.

Am I just imagining this?

Yeah - using Soldier I was kicking all kinds of ass in the midfield. Disks seem to inherit velocity better with the soldier also.

Am I just imagining this?

they might just be going faster than other discs or something. its possible though. basically I get hella MAs as soldier and yeah he shreds anyone coming in to attack the base. knock them off course with a disc and then raperaperaperape.

it makes me sick to watch him try and shit all over the community and the hard work hi rez is doing to keep the tribes dream alive

Yeah, it's hard to be mad at my team for not catching the capper when none of them have Pathfinder.

Lately if there is a flag standoff I just dump the enemy flag at my base and go chase after it myself.

I also don't particularly care if anyone on my team is in the area when I dump it.
honestly, I'm the only person I can think of that is capable of chasing down cappers going 250 in loops without resorting to sniping. People, even comp tribes players, are fucking horrendous at chasing

Nice way to get them to want to bring the speed caps so they can insta kick anyone going over a certain speed... :sigh:

Wow - Blitz is a douche. I just joined the TeamSpeak server and was about to go pubbin with some boyz from the TW hood and he banned me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back