Tribes : Ascend

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what the fuck do you people chase with?

I ended up chasing with the Ranger only because there is literally no other class with reasonable functionality.

-Pathfinder: No long-range at all, and the fucking shotgun blows.
-Jumper: It's ok but the pack it has is completely useless.
-Solder: No utility with its weapons.

Chasing is something Hirez hasnt really thought of i guess... or any other gamebreaking decisions for that matter.

running around in a game where there is only one dude that has the capper class, and the rest are only mediums, turns into a dumb game of rabbit real quick

Yeah, it's hard to be mad at my team for not catching the capper when none of them have Pathfinder.

Lately if there is a flag standoff I just dump the enemy flag at my base and go chase after it myself.

I also don't particularly care if anyone on my team is in the area when I dump it.

So what the fuck do you people chase with?

I ended up chasing with the Ranger only because there is literally no other class with reasonable functionality.

-Pathfinder: No long-range at all, and the fucking shotgun blows.
-Jumper: It's ok but the pack it has is completely useless.
-Solder: No utility with its weapons.

chase in the traditional sense.... if they suck you can chase with anything basically but someone decent, I dunno. Jumper actually works alright once you know how to use it.

say on katabatic, standing on the hill behind the base. I wait there and then when I see someone coming in depending on their angle and shit I start going ahead of time so usually im ahead of them for a bit, then behind by only a little, then dj/nitro nades or whatever. as long as you can get on their back you can disc or bowgun them, shotgun, pistol as soldier etc.

you can get good speed pretty fast but you need a headstart to have a chance of matching their speed at all.

It'd be nice as flag d/chaser to have mines. As far as I know - only sentinel has mines - and that's a shit class for chasing when you are up close.

Pathfinder has a shittier disk than soldier - but EVERY class is super slow to start moving initially aside from maybe Jumper (which I haven't unlocked).

If I get some speed - pathfinder disks are pretty fucking useless.

Also - someone else mentioned it earlier - but when you get caught in a duel - you get this one initial burst of energy - and then the rest of the fight you're pretty much stuck on the ground with little jumps here and there unless you use the bigger hills to your advantage. If there are no hills - like that broadside/watery map in the center area - you're pretty much fucked.

Solider is pretty good specifically for having a stronger disk and more health in that case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back