Tribes : Ascend

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of that has to do with forced classes. I can't jump in to a game and be a HoF or a farmer if I recognize that is what the team is lacking. Instead, we have 16 players in medium armor trying to fill the roles of lights and heavies. Get a few friends that have purchased other classes on TS and they all join the same side and just own.

It will get better when more people unlock more classes. Being forced to play with ranger/soldier is making me want to buy some other classes....which I guess is the goal of hi-rez.

If you plan on playing a ton, the 30 day booster or whatever (i think its 10$) gives you a huge boost in XP/credits I finally turned my VIP one on and I am getting a lot more credits per game.

Just was deleted from their facebook page, aparently if you question anything they are doing or make comments that they don't like they ban you. If it's a beta and you can't take feedback, don't have a fucking beta then.

i posted

"Hi-Rez has announced that the game will have a point reward structure similar to Call of Duty. Tribes Ascend will also have a kill streak reward system in which you can unleash various types of strategic advantages against the opposing team. Take note: one of these "strategic advantages" is visible in the concept art, it is called "Orbital Bombardment." An orbital attack that can disrupt an entire defense."

as a troll like 6 months ago and they deleted me and said there was no truth to any of it lol

If you plan on playing a ton, the 30 day booster or whatever (i think its 10$) gives you a huge boost in XP/credits I finally turned my VIP one on and I am getting a lot more credits per game.
How do you activate the booster? I bought the $30 VIP and don't think I got a booster with mine.

is the booster 30 days of play time or 30 regular days, whether you played or not fuck you?

edit: nm, it's just 30 regular days, whether you played or not. 24 hours x 30 would be too much for 10 dollars.

Last edited:
The list could change, but here are some of the things currently planned.

The Pathfinder and Juggernaut classes are now priced at half their previous price. Players that have previously unlocked these classes will be refunded the difference between the original purchase price and the new purchase price.
There are now separate server regions for “N. America - East” and “N. America - West.” Select your preferred server region on the Play Now screen, or set your overall system default under the settings menu.
DryDock will be re-added to the CTF playlist and Bella Omega removed. Dry Dock has been better optimized for performance, although additional performance improvements are still pending.
CTF Scoreboard now includes Class and Rank of each player. The class is shown as a three-letter abbreviation.
Maximum number of players in a rabbit match raised to 12 (from 8).
Lowered credit prices for vehicles: Beowulf is 3000 credits, Grav Cycle is 600 credits, and Shrike is 4500 credits.
Players may now use unlocked class Skills and Perks in Training maps.
Explosive Looter perk gives the ability to have an extra grenade in a player’s inventory if that grenade was acquired from an ammo pickup nugget.
Fixed Air Show and Wheel Deal perks not reporting reduced prices in the Vehicle Pad menu.
Variety of improvements to the top-bar menu graphics.
Additional information is shown on the class icons on the Classes screen: how many skills unlocked, icon for when skills are available and ribbon to indicate new and promoted items.
Variety of other UI-related bug fixes, usability enhancements and performance improvements.
More fixes and clean-ups will be coming in future patches.
In-game chat log has been re-written and should function well during heavy VGS flooding.
End of Game results in a “your team won/lost” message with your team icon.
Variety of audio/sound improvements and bug fixes
XP Summary screen has been sped up significantly and sound cues have been added.
"Take the flag to your flag stand" message now only appears when your team's flag is in the stand.
"Take the flag to your flag stand" message frequency has been moved from every nine seconds to every twenty seconds.
The Doombringer’s Force Field will no longer block shots when the generator is offline.
The legs in first-person are now hidden when zoomed.
Fixed issue in which team chat would persist for a user after they left a map instance.
Fixed issues with Doombringer's Saber Launcher not properly displaying missile notifications to vehicle passengers.
Fixed prompt text not showing for repair station. The location of some repair stations has been altered (across all maps).
Health effect sounds now stop playing when a match has ended.
The Jumper’s Thrust Pack contributes a lower amount of speed when used as the player’s speed increases.
Added the ability to boost the bass of certain sounds for users of headphones.
Fixed issue with weapons dry firing after using melee or throwing a grenade.
Players who have left and rejoined the same match will see their previously achieved accolades and awards along with new ones.
The Brute’s Heavy Spinfusor can now get the ‘Blue Plate Special’ accolade.
Skiing Tutorial re-added to the Training section on the Play Now screen.
Fixed Jumper’s Thrust Pack sound playing when the player dies.
Fixed Jetpack sounds not playing after getting into a vehicle.
Fixed an issue where zooming while reloading, then switching weapons, could leave the zoom overlay graphic enabled even though the player stopped zooming the actual view.
Visual changes to zoom on some weapons.
The Scrambler’s Whiteout Grenade no longer blinds friendly players, although it still will blind the instigator player.

cliffs
no inheritance or jet/energy changes.

Dry Dock is a lot better than Bella Omega.

As for the pricing changes, I like that as well, it's not quite as insane to get a heavy or light to try out now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back