[Tribes 1 SOURCE] UPDATE.

TwiztiD said:
yeah, you're quite the martyr. You really stepped up, having conversations with like 3 people. You should be praised for your tireless effort and completely predictable fizzling out of interest
Well lets be honest here, he did 3x more than anything you ever did for the game.

i always found it kind of funny (in regards to T2) that nobody blamed Garage Games for having buggy code. I mean it worked out well for them in the end. They ditched the dev team and then actually got contracted to fix bugs that they probably introduced.

The problem is, there needs to be a dedicated 'producer' of this game. I see lots of people throwing ideas out, but not many people that are actually serious about helping out.

I own a copy of torque. I'm a pretty much a noob with it, but I would be willing to dedicate my time to this project. Even if it fails, hell, its experience.
might as well give it a shot.

Got Haggis? said:
The problem is, there needs to be a dedicated 'producer' of this game. I see lots of people throwing ideas out, but not many people that are actually serious about helping out.

I own a copy of torque. I'm a pretty much a noob with it, but I would be willing to dedicate my time to this project. Even if it fails, hell, its experience.

*yawn*

Falhawk said:
i always found it kind of funny (in regards to T2) that nobody blamed Garage Games for having buggy code. I mean it worked out well for them in the end. They ditched the dev team and then actually got contracted to fix bugs that they probably introduced.
Unfinished products generally have bugs

Got Haggis? said:

The VA guys have a producer, plans, direction, coders, modders, mappers, etc, etc.

If any project has ever had a chance, it's VA. Anyone that wants to "help" the cause, should get involved with Renwerx and VA.

Vlasic said:
Unfinished products generally have bugs

they bailed prior to release though

I dunno I guess its just me but when I leave a company I make sure all my shit is settled before I go.

yeah I guess thats true...only problem is i hated renegades.

edit: i think they bailed cuz they saw the writing on the wall.

Got Haggis? said:
yeah I guess thats true...only problem is i hated renegades.

edit: i think they bailed cuz they saw the writing on the wall.

Renwerx is building a base game seperate from Renegades.

They probably heard the rumors of Dynamix being shut down.

The only way this would really work would be if a team had to do this for a school project.

Actually, they can spend less time on a product, sell it for a lower cost and end up making more money.....

Falhawk said:
they bailed prior to release though

I dunno I guess its just me but when I leave a company I make sure all my shit is settled before I go.

Was that the case? Because I don't remember it being like that at all.

A business closes, you leave before the doors are locked. That's how it works in real life, dickhead.

Back