[Tribes 1 SOURCE] UPDATE.

Ender

ValtreX
Veteran XX
Ok. Talked to Jeff Tunnell / Damon Slye today. (Jeff Tunnell / Damon Slye founded Dynamix and both founded Garage Games).

They said it would be really pointless to spend x amount of money to buy the source code when you could buy the license for the Torque engine for about 100 dollars and create Tribes with better graphics. He said they would be able to give and support us with parts of the T2 Source code and work with us if we were serious about it.

I plan on calling them tomorrow to talk about it more. If you guys feel I should ask any more questions or present exactly why we need the T1 Source, let me know.

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed. And I'm pretty sure a LOT of people have just said, get Torque, it IS the T1 engine only vastly improved upon.

wasn't the reason for getting the t1 source was so that we could have the math used to generate the physics?

the only way id be interested in this at all is if the game behaved EXACTLY like tribes 1. fuck t2, fuck legends, fuck anything that isn't T1 with better graphics.

I also have a contact with one of the Software Engineers that was on the T1 Team, the Lead Software Engineer works at Garage Games who was on the T1 Team.

We have a lot of resources to pool from, the community has very talented people. I agree, we need "sekret" behind the physics and seeing the source code or getting help, I think we can re-create the T1 feel with a much improved graphical upgrade.

i am fairly certain that an attempt to remake t1 on the t2 engine will result in t2 with a minor update

meaning not at all what the goal is

had it been as simple as recreating tribes one in torque, it A) would have been done already (aka legends) or B) T2 would have been better

ask them if it is 100% possible to get the EXACT same physics of T1, in the torque engine, and how they could export it to torque. If they can do that i think more people would listen

if this is serious, i'm behind ya on this. i'll even put in $$, cause i'm sure it'll help one way or another. :p

Back