Tribalwar Snowboarding/Skiing 2009-2010

too bad I don't ski..maybe you should bone up on your bandwagon insults junior. Not that it wasn't already apparent, but you are looking like a moron.

20090807_gas_ski_jumpers_700.jpg

Torino_2006_Biathlete_Jeremy_Teela_standing.jpg

olympic-biathlon-denise-teela1.jpg

No i haven't been to Rev yet. that place has been pretty sketchy the last couple years with those pre-season rains. ive heard its pretty sick though, ill probably get out there this season.

I know a doctor that has a place up there, I'm hopefully going in March.

Corbett's here I come :)

zorro I love you dawg

corbetts is tight, done it once. make sure you do it on a p0wder day, otherwise it can get pretty rough. there's a few drop in spots to it as well, some harder some easier. but once you're down, its the best snow in the ski boundry b/c of high elevation and hardly anyone hits it up (cause they can't). if you do go, make sure to hit the back country, its insanely awesome.

corbetts is tight, done it once. make sure you do it on a p0wder day, otherwise it can get pretty rough. there's a few drop in spots to it as well, some harder some easier. but once you're down, its the best snow in the ski boundry b/c of high elevation and hardly anyone hits it up (cause they can't). if you do go, make sure to hit the back country, its insanely awesome.

Watched a couple vids on it, but you never really know till you get there.

How is Targhee? I actually figure to spend the majority of my time there. It seems less crowded and gets more snow, I think that qualifies as a no-brainer if that's the case.

Watched a couple vids on it, but you never really know till you get there.

How is Targhee? I actually figure to spend the majority of my time there. It seems less crowded and gets more snow, I think that qualifies as a no-brainer if that's the case.

locals like targee. if it doens't have snow, its shitty, icey and hard to ski. JH has more to ride as well. i've never had an issue with crowds at JH, and i've done 6 week long + trips there. JH has a pretty rocking after party as well, even week days. hit up the mangy moose once you're done skiing for rocking good times with live bands and cheap good beer, or really cheep not so good beer.

vids don't do corbetts justice. the drop in (wher eyou drop and how much snow) varies from 15 feet to 35 feet. i dropped in about 22 feet. there's larger drop in's down the mountain (30+), but those take serious balls. plus you can't argue with how much out of bounds there are with JH. monumental runs to say the least.

This year the wife and I plan on doing some trips away. We have been doing heavenly for like 5 years now. (Not that its bad) but a few trips to Utah/Oregon/Wyoming are in order.

Does anyone do any Alpine Touring? I've never skinned before and had some questions about getting started/slackcountry stuff.

Got any tips for dropping in? I've been snowboarding for about 15 years now and I certainly have the skill to do the steep stuff, but lack the courage to drop into anything with a drop bigger than 10 feet.

Got any tips for dropping in? I've been snowboarding for about 15 years now and I certainly have the skill to do the steep stuff, but lack the courage to drop into anything with a drop bigger than 10 feet.
Bend your knees. Prepare your legs to absorb the drop. Lean back into the slope a little bit so you don't tumble forward. Have fun.

I CAN NOT WAIT for the snow to get here, this time when its too cold for summer stuff but too warm for winter stuff is killing me :(

The TW admins will have to make a new thread, because zorro made this one and the "my thread" thing is going on. That's fine, it is his thread.

Old_Skul, Body Shot, Colossus, or Strega, make an official thread and pick the dates. I still like January 16-22nd. Ignore the flamers, there's always going to someone who wants some out of the way place that's hard to get too. Stay with Breckenridge.

Back