Today in hypocrisy: Adm. Mike Mullen

Dynamo

Veteran XV
Soldier in WikiLeaks video case transferred to US - Yahoo! News

Article said:
Top military officer Admiral Mike Mullen on Thursday expressed outrage over the leak, saying the founder of the Wikileaks webiste, Julian Assange, may have blood on his hands.

"Mr Assange can say whatever he likes about the greater good he thinks he and his source are doing, but the truth is they might already have on their hands the blood of some young soldier or that of an Afghan family," he said.
I about fell out of my chair when I read this. I think we're officially through the looking glass when the supreme commander of the U.S. military can accuse someone else, with a straight face, of having blood on his hands.

Admiral Mike Mullen, winner of today's award for excellence in hypocrisy:

Admiral-Mullen.jpg

I've got blood on my hands, but that's probably because I just finished masturbating.

Do you know the connection between blue balls and sex? Have you ever heard someone ask you, "What are blue balls?" "Blue balls" is a slang term referring to testicular aching that may occur when the blood that fills the vessels in a male's genital area during sexual arousal is not dissipated by orgasm.

When a man becomes sexually excited, the arteries carrying blood to the genital area enlarge, while the veins carrying blood from the genital area are more constricted than in the non-aroused state.
This uneven blood flow causes an increase in volume of blood trapped in the genitals and contributes to the penis becoming erect and the testicles becoming engorged with blood. During this process of vasocongestion the testicles increase in size 25-50 percent.

If the male reaches orgasm and ejaculates, the arteries and veins return to their normal size, the volume of blood in the genitals is reduced and the penis and testicles return to their usual size rather quickly.

If ejaculation does not occur there may be a lingering sensation of heaviness, aching, or discomfort in the testicles due to the continued vasocongestion. This unpleasant feeling has popularly been called blue balls, perhaps because of the bluish tint that appears when blood engorges the vessels in the testicles.

well tbqh , getting past the 'irony' , it makes sense what he's saying, that there could be extra deaths due to the leaks. but there could also be less net deaths to the leaks too , and there's no really way to figure out for sure , so it's more stupid in that sense.

Our soldiers aren't in harm's way because they are occupying someone else's land, but because someone leaked communiques about what they are doing during said occupation. Makes perfect sense.

He meant it in a way that American troops may be hurt or injured because of the leak.

You aren't supposed to give a shit about the 'enemy'.

He meant it in a way that American troops may be hurt or injured because of the leak.

You aren't supposed to give a shit about the 'enemy'.

Adm. Mike Mullen said:
"Mr Assange can say whatever he likes about the greater good he thinks he and his source are doing, but the truth is they might already have on their hands the blood of some young soldier or that of an Afghan family," he said.

Are you saying that the US targets Afghan families?

Actually I suspect you are inferring that the US gets blood on their hands and kills Afghan families all the time on accident?

Not "on accident", but as an accepted cost of doing business (collateral damage, if you will). I'm quite sure that the Afghans don't consider it an accident.

Are you saying that the US targets Afghan families?

Actually I suspect you are inferring that the US gets blood on their hands and kills Afghan families all the time on accident?

What? My U.S. military responsible for civilian casualties?

:lies:

(Yes, that was the implication, and the elephant in the room that Mullen was ignoring. The simple presence of the military has killed far more innocent Afghanis than these leaks will.)

He's referring to Afghan informants being outed in the leaks.
So help me understand something here. When a 1,000 lb. bomb is mistakenly dropped on an Afghani village and kills a few dozen people, it's no big deal. I mean, shit happens, right? Collateral damage and all that. It's an unfortunate sacrifice for the "greater good".

But if an Afghani who was knowingly taking the risk of supplying the U.S. military with intelligence, usually in exchange for money, is killed by the Taliban after an intel leak, it's an outrage?

So basically, you only count as a person in Afghanistan if you are receiving money from the U.S. Government?

Back