To anybody still using Internet Explorer

DEX said:
I paid for opera a long long time ago when six was still out and they gave me an upgrade to seven. Not once have I ever had a problem with opera.

It's a nice browser if you don't know what the webpages you are looking at are supposed to look like with a properly working browser.

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-016
Vulnerability in DirectPlay Could Allow Denial of Service (839643)

Issued: June 8, 2004
Version: 1.0

Actually now that I think about it, spyware disabling someone's computer via IE is almost a darwinistic approach. I LIKE IT!

Stop spreading Firefox, promote IE and we can rid the internet of IDIOTS! :lol:

I use Opera as well, and guess what? 98% of the pages look exactly how they're supposed to look. And the ones that don't probably just had a shitty programmer, who was too lazy to check other browsers for compatibility and just decided to code for IE that forgives all the shitty coding.

-MT-Stealth said:
I use Opera as well, and guess what? 98% of the pages look exactly how they're supposed to look. And the ones that don't probably just had a shitty programmer, who was too lazy to check other browsers for compatibility and just decided to code for IE that forgives all the shitty coding.

Or you could look at the browser comparison charts in respect to W3 standards and see that Opera is lacking in almost every dynamic department including CSS, DHTML, etc. ... :) But nice try!

Okay, so i gave in and DL'ed firefox. Seems fine - I'm not really seeing any difference between this and IE though. What plug ins should I get to make it 'better'?

LostAngel said:
I will stop using CrazyBrowser(IE) after you pry it from my cold dead fingers.
Even as a web developer that charges at least $100/hr you don't test stuff in other browsers? Or do you just do code?

And you just said opera was bad for W3C. IE is also pretty bad, especially for CSS.

Cuthyone said:
Ilike to try out new things...but seeing as I've never, ever had a single problem with IE, I am loathe to go to the hassle of installing a new browser :\
Real hassle to download and double click on an icon. :lol:

Cuthyone said:
Okay, so i gave in and DL'ed firefox. Seems fine - I'm not really seeing any difference between this and IE though. What plug ins should I get to make it 'better'?
Hit Ctrl+T in it, or mousewheel click on a link. Tabs! :D

lecatPuke said:
You people act as though Firefox will be 100% secure and never have any of the problems IE has. The only guarantee you'll get from Firefox is that you'll have to keep patching and updating it every other week for the next 3 years while it establishes itself as a browser--it's version 0.8 for God's sake.

This country hasn't migrated away from Microsoft to open source nearly enough to bring an ounce of competition to IE. It will remain the standard for browsing for years to come and moving to an independant browser won't change that, it will only force you to compensate for your inadequacy.

<3
Not trying to change the standard here, just trying to open people's eyes to nicer and more efficient browsers.

Guys, for the sake of people in IT, keeping using IE. Sure they will bitch about it, but removing spyware is the easiest money they will ever make.

(Posted from firefox)

I have tabbed browsing with IE too.

... it's called the task bar and it's a free feature installed on all windows machines since 95.

eMOxygen said:
I have tabbed browsing with IE too.

... it's called the task bar and it's a free feature installed on all windows machines since 95.

sure, if you like having it cluttered up with open ie sessions

Back