To anybody still using Internet Explorer

NAT Mav said:
You think your silly little indie browsers are so cool. You should pray that most people keep using IE, or you'll be the next target. VGE
Except that it's open source and so will always be fixed to stop holes like the ones IE has.

I paid for opera a long long time ago when six was still out and they gave me an upgrade to seven. Not once have I ever had a problem with opera.

firefox 0.8

Plugins:
Copy Image to Clipboard
Open in IE [rarely have to use]
dictionary.com

ss.jpg

Last edited:
I used IE with Google Toolbar for quite some time, then on a whim I downloaded Firefox .8 and let me tell you, it's a lot better. Now I just have to go download a mouse gesture plugin... :)

You people act as though Firefox will be 100% secure and never have any of the problems IE has. The only guarantee you'll get from Firefox is that you'll have to keep patching and updating it every other week for the next 3 years while it establishes itself as a browser--it's version 0.8 for God's sake.

This country hasn't migrated away from Microsoft to open source nearly enough to bring an ounce of competition to IE. It will remain the standard for browsing for years to come and moving to an independant browser won't change that, it will only force you to compensate for your inadequacy.

<3

somebody start coding lots and lots of firefox only sites so that it forces people to install it and be shown the true joy of firefox

considering i only go on internet for email, tw and thebleachers.net i think i dont need anything else, oh yes and the occasionaly googlage

far_behind said:
Isn't that what you do with EVERY Microsoft product?
Not really, no... and the rapid discovery of patchable problems is only due to extremely high usage and debugging. Firefox will be patched constantly because it's early development software and constantly trying to adapt itself to the IE standard.

Just downloaded firefox and I'm liking it. Got the copy image to clipboard thingy too.

Ilike to try out new things...but seeing as I've never, ever had a single problem with IE, I am loathe to go to the hassle of installing a new browser :\

Wyrm said:
Just downloaded firefox and I'm liking it. Got the copy image to clipboard thingy too.

No matter what you say, lecatpuke, Firefox just won this thread.

between running google bar and spysweeper (with IE) in my tray w/cookie and memory shield on, i dont get spyware. ss catches all the tracking cookies as they come in and gets rid of them.
hardly any pop-ups either.

im waiting to try firefox once it hits 0.9 for the hell of it since someone here posted it was gonna have a ton of stuff added and fixed in that upcoming version.

Back