This is for you Trump voters.

Well Colorado has done pretty well with tax revenue, but its still not so much that they can bully things like petroleum interests. Hemp threatens a LOT of markets

I think you guys are looking at all the wrong contenders about maintaining the status quo

sure the ones you mentioned matter

but look at the DEA and ATF budgets.....not to mention corrections industrial complex (that has over 1 in 6 people incarcerated for just marijuana) if you really want to see "show me the money"

The same reason our foreign policy is fucked up is the same reason our WAR ON DRUGS is so asinine.

MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY

but look at the DEA and ATF budgets.....not to mention corrections industrial complex (that has over 1 in 6 people incarcerated for just marijuana) if you really want to see "show me the money"

So is the prison industrial complex actively trying to keep marijuana illegal, and if so, is there any evidence of this?

I think you guys are imagining there is some kind of evil secretive illuminati like triforce of textiles, pharma, and prisons that are actively manipulating politics to keep weed illegal, but they simply do not exist. There is zero evidence of any of this.

No there aren't.

*waits for "big pharma" to be mentioned, with zero sources to back it up....*
You think pharmaceutical companies are the only ones feeling threatened by legal marijuana?

There's a lot of money to be made keeping marijuana illegal when companies are running prisons for profit and administering probation systems. Law enforcement agencies used the seized assets as an income source.

Biodiesel from hemp oil could put petroleum companies out of business. Lumber companies can't beat the fiber yield per acre, and cotton grows slower and in fewer climates.

Let's see - people getting high, sitting on sofas, laughing, eating brownies, playing games, listening to music and fucking or assholes running around killing people. Hmmm I wonder what is more problematic?

So is the prison industrial complex actively trying to keep marijuana illegal, and if so, is there any evidence of this?

It's called lobbying you fucking imbecile. They don't disclose what the money is for or how much they get, because we have no contribution transparency laws.

You think pharmaceutical companies are the only ones feeling threatened by legal marijuana?

There's a lot of money to be made keeping marijuana illegal when companies are running prisons for profit and administering probation systems. Law enforcement agencies used the seized assets as an income source.

Biodiesel from hemp oil could put petroleum companies out of business. Lumber companies can't beat the fiber yield per acre, and cotton grows slower and in fewer climates.

So, is there any evidence of these industries spending any money to keep it illegal?

It's called lobbying you fucking imbecile. They don't disclose what the money is for or how much they get, because we have no contribution transparency laws.

Well, if they are lobbying then that should make it super easy to find evidence of any of these industries lobbying against legalization.

I mean, after all, Lobbyist have to register with the federal government, and since they have been lobbying to keep marijuana illegal for the past several decades, surely there is one single shred of evidence to back up your claim.

Potheads, druggies, liberals, wetbacks, sjw cucks, and general morons do not like Trump. Their actions make it clear they do not want America great again. They just want to get doped up and handed free stuff because they are too stupid to actually work or learn anything of actual worth. All very sad to see but fortunately they are all in for a very rude awakening.

Also.

Last edited:
So, is there any evidence of these industries spending any money to keep it illegal?
There's a good episode of This American Life about a judge that took bribes so defendants in her court were put in a system run by a for-profit company.

If you want to read new articles about private prison lobbying, just google it.

One such result is the Lobbying efforts of Corrections Corporation of America.

Here's a nice PDF from the National Council on Crime & Delinquency.

It's astounding you don't think profit is a counterproductive incentive when it comes to criminal justice, healthcare, or education.

There's a good episode of This American Life about a judge that took bribes so defendants in her court were put in a system run by a for-profit company.

If you want to read new articles about private prison lobbying, just google it.

One such result is the Lobbying efforts of Corrections Corporation of America.

Here's a nice PDF from the National Council on Crime & Delinquency.

It's astounding you don't think profit is a counterproductive incentive when it comes to criminal justice, healthcare, or education.

YOU ARE SO STUPID!

I was asking for lobbying by those groups to keep marijuana illegal. Learn to read dipshit.

I think you guys are looking at all the wrong contenders about maintaining the status quo

sure the ones you mentioned matter

The same reason our foreign policy is fucked up is the same reason our WAR ON DRUGS is so asinine.

MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY

yeah..but who do you think provides some of that funding.

Its for sure not just one group that wants to keep cannabis illegal, but the dea wont really go out of business if marijuana is legalize. There are interests in the textiles sector that will practically evaporate

You know nothing about business.

Any textile business that has something that will be "replaced" by help would be the first business to capitalise on it. It would actually be good them because it would most likely lead to vertical integration. So much cotton comes from overseas. If we could grow hemp here, textile companies would love it and get into the farming business.

This is just hot air. Of course you can't find any evidence that textile companies are trying to keep hemp illegal.

We can grow hemp here. Hemp can be grown anywhere (hence the name 'weed'). Hemp actually used to be one of the major agricultural products of this country. Some of the founding fathers were hemp farmers, original drafts of the Constitution are on hemp paper. Up until around wwII it was a fairly big crop in this country

Back