The Witcher 2

I had to check back through this thread to remember why I hated this game:

Once you get all the quen upgrade and plus sign intensity talents, the Quen timer is just shy of three minutes. Everytime you get hit it will shock three nearby enemies and takes a couple seconds off the timer. Stronger hits take more seconds off. I would just wade into battle soaking up every hit while doing nothing but spamming right click. I would reapply quen when the timer dropped down to only 1 or 2 hits left. I would estimate 90% of fights would end with only 1 or 2 reapplications. I never had to used potions, bombs, or throwing weapons except for a couple of the bosses. This was on hard.

Edit: Yeah, it was ultra-boring. But by the time I realized how over powered it was I had already invested into the tree.

There's almost literally no gameplay. You apply quen, and right click until the monsters are dead. No dodging, sign use, potion use, item use, weapon use, or any alternate strategy necessary. Did they change the talent trees/nerf quen at all in this?

Edit: I should also note that I think that Witcher 1 is an amazing game, and have played through that multiple times.

Last edited:
that trailer is awesome.

is this the type of game that is no good if i just went straight to the 2nd one without ever playing the first?

that trailer is awesome.

is this the type of game that is no good if i just went straight to the 2nd one without ever playing the first?

It might be a little confusing at first, but I really enjoyed it even though I never finished the first one (I played through the first chapter or so in Witcher but pretty much hated the combat).

Last edited:
I love this game. I don't even get all that into RPG's all that much, let alone Single Player ones.

I bought it during last weeks sale when it was discounted, I thought now would be a good time if any... and it was apparently. It's quality story telling so far, and I like all the detail they've put into so far.

Everything from the opening setting of the castle siege, the major and minor characters, to the score of the soundtrack when Gerald draws his sword to lay the smack down on people.

So far, 2 thumbs up.

I hear they are working on number 3. I wish they'd add in some 2 or 4 player Co-op, because this is the kind of story telling that is best a shared experience I'd think.

Did you not like the first one? I thought Witcher 2 was meh and Witcher 1 was amazing.

It was like a week before 2 came out, and I was busy doing other stuff. I just started playing 2 instead when it came out. Nothing necessarily wrong with 1.

Can you jump or climb objects in 2? One thing I have about the first is the tiniest ledge adds 5 minutes of run time to get around.

only at specific points

the minimap in 2 seems to do a better job at making it exceedingly obvious were you can go & where you can't

I picked this up for 360 tonight.

How long is the game? I am hearing anywhere from 20 hours to 50 hours.

:sunny:

Back