The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

JohnMcClane

Veteran XX
Just curious to know if anyone else on TW is playing this. I know many are into BF3, MW3, Skyrim, T:A, etc. right now. Me, I'm playing Skyward Sword.

If you enjoy this series, I highly recommend this game. It is extremely good, quite possibly even better than Ocarina of Time and/or A Link to the Past.

I liked twilight princess, but I've sold my wii since then. I'd like to try out Skyward Sword, but it's just not worth buying a new wii. I know that after I'm done playing SS, it will just become a paper weight again.

I have a hard time seeing myself enjoying ANY wii game, regardless of what it is

I'm sorry bro. :( There are good Wii games out there.

I liked twilight princess, but I've sold my wii since then. I'd like to try out Skyward Sword, but it's just not worth buying a new wii. I know that after I'm done playing SS, it will just become a paper weight again.

If you know someone who has one, I say borrow it and play. In my opinion, you won't be disappointed with it. The game has its haters but the majority of people who play it love it.

I have played a few hours into it and I'm not impressed and I'm a huge zelda fan.

Its the same old formula. Go here and find this in order to get into this dungeon and so on. Its not as close to being as good as OOT or Link to the Past.

There has to be something else that Nintendo can do for this series besides what they are doing now. This game has become so boring and stale.

Last edited:
Havn't grabbed this game yet, I'll buy it then not play it. Will get to it eventually though, I always do.

Best Zelda game thus far in my opinion. I could go into detail as to why I think this but... just go get the game!

I have played few hours into it and I'm not impressed and I'm a huge zelda fan.

Its the same old formula. Go here and find this in order to get into this dungeon and so on. Its not as close to being as good as OOT or Link to the Past.

There has to be something else that Nintendo can do for this series besides what they are doing now. This game has become so boring and stale.
So you want them to make a Zelda game not a Zelda game...?

There's only so much you can do with a franchise. The only other franchise I can think of that has changed a lot (and successfully each time) would be another Nintendo franchise, Mario. Super Mario Bros, Super Mario 2, Super Mario 3, Super Mario World, and Super Mario 64 all were pretty different from each other mechanically. Since SM64 the games have been rehashes for the most part though.

Also, to those too cheap to buy Wii games; just softmod it. :shrug:

I never got into zelda games when they went 3D. LTTP was the last game I played and loved (I'm 26).

I somehow saw a review for this game and it looks like the same exact graphics from 10 years ago, and the characters still don't speak. Just seems a bit too child-oriented for my taste.

I never got into zelda games when they went 3D. LTTP was the last game I played and loved (I'm 26).

I somehow saw a review for this game and it looks like the same exact graphics from 10 years ago, and the characters still don't speak. Just seems a bit too child-oriented for my taste.

The gameplay is very mature and challenging. Definitely a hardcore title for Nintendo. Although it shares some past Zelda formula, they also introduced lots of new ideas and the level design is amazing.

so your complaint about the new zelda game is that it is a zelda game?

The gameplay is very mature and challenging. Definitely a hardcore title for Nintendo. Although it shares some past Zelda formula, they also introduced lots of new ideas and the level design is amazing.

Definitely challenging, definitely has its mature moments as well as the usual Zelda quirkiness that has been present in this series since the beginning.

The jumping stab to the chest of enemies that are knocked to the ground is more violent than anything I can remember seeing in a Zelda game.

I read reviews saying it's better than OoT - figured it was just hype. I'm only a few hours into it but I wouldn't at all be surprised if it's way better. Game is sick.

I read reviews saying it's better than OoT - figured it was just hype. I'm only a few hours into it but I wouldn't at all be surprised if it's way better. Game is sick.

I thought it might be hype, too, but I'm about 20 hours in and I'm beginning to believe it.

Back