Tell Me If You Have Lost Your Job Or Fear You Might

CrazyTexan

Veteran XV
1. Have you been (let go) in the past 2 years?
2. Do you fear you might be let go within the next 2 years?
3. What industry were/are you in?

4. If you are none of the above have you received a raise or bonus in the past 2 years?

I am curious on how bad the past 2 years have really been for workers. I work in an industry where I am one of the few experts so I am curious if I take for granted my job and how bad the employment sector really is.

1. No
2. No
3. Energy Efficiency
4. Bonus equivalent to 8% of my salary

Last edited:
I'm losing my job on Friday. Feel better?

1. yes
2. yes
3. video games
4. yes after first contract, 20% raise for second contract

Last edited:
2. Do you fear you might be let go within the past 2 years?

4. If you are none of the above have you received a raise or bonus in the past 2 years?

I am curious on how bad the past 2 years have really been for workers. I work in an industry where I am one of the few experts so I am curious if I take for granted my job and how bad the employment sector really is.

1. No
2. No
3. Energy Efficiency
4. Bonus equivalent to 8% of my salary

durrr

1. No
2. No - as long as the doors are still open I feel okay
3. IT in Aviation sector - Network Administrator
4. ~+10% raise for job title change, other salaries frozen

1. yes
2. no
3. printed newspapers, lost my job twice(along with half the people i know) in the newspaper holocaust of 2008/2009, now i'm a small engine tech
4. i received a raise every 6 months until i got shitcanned from my last job. i got a raise at my current job about 5 months ago.

I've been fired several times in the past for staying up all night doing chemicals and not coming in the next day but they where just restaurant or bar gigs. I was also fired as lead vocalist and front man for the band Fad Baggots.

1.no
2.no
3. homeland security/contracting
4. Yes, I have had 2 raises totally $20K. They did freeze new hires.

1) no, haven't been fired.
2) no, no fear of being fired.
3) restaurant industry (wash dc)
4) i made slightly more this year than last year. very few restaurant jobs get consistent wage increases.

i've been completely unaffected by the recession. my rent increased from $1370 to $1430 a month though for my studio in the city. gay.

no
no
import/export
depends on the amount of product i can get my hands on. the last 2 years my income has went up 2000%

2. Do you fear you might be let go within the next 2 years?

1. No
2. Yes (limited-time contract, I might not choose to renew)
3. Science analytic/research
4. Yes

Back