Tell me about where you live

I'm planning to do a year long road trip of sorts in 2020 so tell me about some of the interesting stuff where you live. It can be touristy or one of cool the things only the locals know about. I've been to a ton of different places but have never just to look around. I am very open to going way off the beaten path as well.

I'm doing Canada, US, some Europe, Russia, short time in Korea and Japan. I also want to see if I can get a permit to visit North Korea.

I live in Amsterdam. It's nice to visit for a few days, but it's small so three days is more than enough. It's a 10/15 minute train ride from Schiphol airport, so connectivity is awesome. The inner city is the only thing which really matters, the rest is just.. well.. neighborhoods. There's definitely some more to see in the Netherlands, but for me, as a native, it's all just kind of boring and most of it (especially further down the country) is being overflown by Chinese tourists.

From Amsterdam you can very easily take a highspeed train to Paris (takes three hours i think) or a 'normal' train to Berlin (5/6 hours). If I'd had to choose cities to visit in Europe I'd consider the following: London (you can also take a train from Amsterdam to London, but you have to switch trains in Antwerpen (Belgium) i think and also London is fucking expensive, Paris (same, but it just has it's charms), Budapest (crowned as the most beautiful city of Europe and relatively cheap), Prague (beautiful, cozy and also cheap). Barcelona is too crowded (way too much tourism). Italy might be worth looking into as well since it's countryside is beautiful and it has a bunch of cities worth checking out (i.e. Rome and Milan).

Nature-wise i'd say Swiss is the most beautiful country in Europe. So if that's what you're looking for over city trips i'd highly recommend checking that out. Austria is very nice as well.

If you're planning to do Russia it might be a good idea to take that long ass trainride from Moscow to China/Korea.

Where I live we live free or die, we don’t even have to wear helmets when riding on motorcycles. Only state without a seatbelt law

I’d like to visit sehvi

Last edited:
the meteor crater? Lol there's literally nothing out there but Mormons and flat earth.

Bisbee, az is cool. Taking 89A thru northern Arizona is nice

I live in southwest Virginia. If you enjoy walking or riding through the woods there is plenty to do. Parts of the Appalachian Trail and the Blue Ridge Parkway are 15 min from my house. Hikes in this area are typically only difficult due to distances and not mountain grade. Afterwards,you can relax with a nice cold beer at one of microbrews.

Finland,
middle of it (city called Jyväskylä)

shit ton of lakes, lot's of nature and university city so lot's of hot chicks. northern lights at winter...

also the trans-siberian train you can start from Helsinki (Helsinki - St.petersburg) being the first lap of the route. I've got few friends who done it (one of them went all the way to china and back, 3 months on a train or so).

Not sure if I'd recommend Finland, albeit lapland is beautiful.

Interesting thread already. Landmarks are the thing. If a city doesn't have any, then there's not much to see.

I live in South Florida, our big draw is South Beach. People come here because it's warm, and there's the beach in the day, clubs at night.

In my case I visit theme parks all over the country, and see landmarks along the way. If you came to Florida you could visit Orland for Disney and Sea World.

Grand Canyon is up there. You can fly from Vegas to make it easy. Kinda expensive but worth it. The south rim tour is what you want. My parents and I did this years ago, and the company is still in business today.
Grand Canyon Scenic Airlines | Best Grand Canyon Tours <--- Main Page.
Grand Canyon Connoisseur | Scenic Airlines <--- This tour.

Last edited:
Finland,
middle of it (city called Jyväskylä)

shit ton of lakes, lot's of nature and university city so lot's of hot chicks. northern lights at winter...

also the trans-siberian train you can start from Helsinki (Helsinki - St.petersburg) being the first lap of the route. I've got few friends who done it (one of them went all the way to china and back, 3 months on a train or so).

Not sure if I'd recommend Finland, albeit lapland is beautiful.

fucking hell... 3 months for the train trip and back? stop and stay at diff places maybe?

i was thinking maybe a week from Moscow to Vladivostok

gonna have to go check

Well, you'll all be very fucking surprised to know that I live in Dubai (clue's in the name), which is, by far, the best fucking city on earth. Or maybe it isn't, I don't fucking know. No actually it's not, because Barstow is.

Back