[tablet thread] what the fuck to do with one

It's only after a few months of forcing myself to use that I have begun to really, really enjoy mine.

This happened when, at last, I learnt how to fucking type on the thing.

I can do pretty much everything on my phone, it's just more convenient to do it on the tablet now. (chat, email, browse the net, look things up, watch movies, etc)

phone is more convenient.

laptop is more versatile.

tablet is the worst of both worlds.

As to "what do I do with a tablet?".. crush it up and snort it, gets into the bloodstream wayyy quicker that way.

web browsing
logging work outs
an occasional game
and i put it at my station at work so clients can use it while they they get their haircut/colored.

ebook reader, comic book reader, remote youtube viewer, movie viewer. Splashtop for remote desktop control.

I don't play games on it.

I'd never spend more that $200 for one and having a rooted android tablet means that you can side load apps without needing to go to the google play store. You can also bypass restrictions like not being able to install flash and do it yourself.

i use my tablet a lot, for internet surfing at work or on the sofa.

ie like tw right now.

typically if im watching tv/movie i use it as a companion to look things up if i have questions, or look up news, or scores, or whatever.

other than that sometimes i watch video in bed, or at a hotel or something but that's rare.

i have a surface pro so i use it as a laptop too...except not on the lap

i can see both sides...it completely took over my surfing platform

for me, between my ipad2 and surface pro, i've basically stopped using my home pc unless i play a game on it or use office.

i can see both sides...for me it completely took over my surfing platform

for me, between my ipad2 and surface pro, i've basically stopped using my home pc unless i play a game on it or use office.

p much this. I can stream netflix on it, check email or forums, play stupid time waster games, watch movies. I use my main PC for downloading shit or playing games which I don't do much anymore anyhow

i could never even get into using a netbook, so i don't think i'll try a tablet. most of all i found it ergonomically displeasing. i just use the laptop for my computer needs at home, then my phone if i really need to use the internet while away.

Tablet (SurfaceRT) has completely replaced my personal laptop. I take it to my classes/etc and it's my main web browsing/etc device when I am at home. I only use my Desktop for playing games really now.

you don't have to root most tablets to get this to work...

that's true, which is why I like android over other platforms. rooting just gives you access to the system files for more tweaking, I turned off the shutter click sound on my phone which otherwise couldn't be disabled.

I used to fuck around on my laptop while watching tv. now I fuck around on my tablet.

tablet apps/diversions are generally more entertaining.

Last edited:
i could never even get into using a netbook, so i don't think i'll try a tablet. most of all i found it ergonomically displeasing. i just use the laptop for my computer needs at home, then my phone if i really need to use the internet while away.

Only device I really can't see a use for is google glasses, but if they were $100 I'd probably buy a pair.

that's true, which is why I like android over other platforms. rooting just gives you access to the system files for more tweaking, I turned off the shutter click sound on my phone which otherwise couldn't be disabled.

see, saying that you really wanted to shut off the shutter sound makes it seem like you're taking creepy pictures...

I have a surface and use it all the time

It replaced my PC except when I want to do games. can put cooking videos/recipies on it while in the kitchen, browse internet while on the couch/in bed/out and about

I don't have any games on it but after having one for a year, how I use it is when its feasible, I'll replace what I use my smartphone for with the tablet. obv I'm not gonna walk around staring at a tablet when I could use my phone, but if I'm at a desk or on the couch/around the house its awesome

i feel like the kind of people who enjoy web browsing on a tablet are the same kind of people who enjoy using internet explorer

it's just not a good experience at all

Back