[T:V] Request For Tournament Mode

I think what you were trying to get at is a way to always display what two or three or one (whatever) maps will be played next.

That way even if it changes you will still be in the know as to what's coming up and the change won't cause so much grief. Because we know how bad some people deal with change.

I love the match maps idea, regardless of the way it's done. Great suggestion.

Any other suggestions for the 'readiness' display?

I'm just sick of yelling "CLICK IN" pre-map ;)

Bistromatic said:
It's just that most of your posts have a pretty unfriendly tone, and if i actually cared about anything you have to say i'd probably feel a bit attacked too...

Ditto...

KillerONE said:
Talk about making sense, you dolt.

This is a T:V REQUEST FOR TOURNEY MODE, not T1/T2.

As we know, T:V won't be as "scriptable" as T1 or T2 was. It's a valid request.

It makes perfect sense, if you actually read it and not try to be an asshole, which is apparently like asking for world peace, to you.

The logic here is, it makes sense to me, so it should make sense to everyone. I'm one of the few that couldn't get past your babble. The upper paragraph made absolutely no sense. If you have a chance, could you take some time and go through it step by step in another post? Cause I'd really like to see what you're getting across that's so damn great.... he he.

It's a little harder than normal to put people on ignore then before the TW upgrade.

Those of you wanting to, click in the upper left part of the person's post (their name), choose "View Public Profile", then in the top right, you should see "Add this user to my ignore list".

x66 said:
The logic here is, it makes sense to me, so it should make sense to everyone. I'm one of the few that couldn't get past your babble. The upper paragraph made absolutely no sense. If you have a chance, could you take some time and go through it step by step in another post? Cause I'd really like to see what you're getting across that's so damn great.... he he.

He wants to be able to temporarily override the map rotation from in game during a match situation. So, before map one starts, he can set what map 2 will be, and so forth.

jsut said:
He wants to be able to temporarily override the map rotation from in game during a match situation. So, before map one starts, he can set what map 2 will be, and so forth.
In T2, when we played PoE back in the day they set it up so the team names were customized to our names... Idz(storm) PoE(inferno) and so that the maps would automatically go in the proper order. Damnation, RiverDance, Whatever the 3rd map was. So its been done, and its possible. I have no idea what the name of the mod was, but it was cool.
Fling :D

GIMPbeowulf said:
Um... non-admins very regularly need to say things in global.
obvious example: "I need admin"

You can always give one person on the other team admin and ask who needs admin. Also, typcially admins know who the other captains/admins of the other team are.

The biggest thing is to be able to enable that feature when you want. For times when there's a dispute, you don't want global getting spammed all to hell by the whole team. Also, when it's important to get a point across.

jsut said:

This makes perfect sense. This is an out-of-the box need, if you ask me.

KillerONE said:
So weird how people freak out when after map 1 it changes to a map other than map 2 and they are like THIS ISN"T THE RIGHT ONE OMG!

Yes. Can't imagine why people are surprised by the wrong map after 86 matches.

Yankee said:
couldnt it be as simple as the map must be manually changed when the server is in tourney mode?

Good Idea.. but it still would be nice to autocycle for convenience. When changing servers isn't an issue.

Bullseye said:
Please, please PLEASE, for the love of GOD.....when in Tournament mode, please show if the player has clicked in or not. I don't care if it's a coloration of their name or what, I don't care

Have their names red when not clicked and green when they are?

Have a 'is ready' after their name?

Anything....please :)

That's quite easy to code, and ther's loads of that coded out there for UT2k3 that do it.. flags behind nickname or just a message below the nickname saying if the player is "ready" or "not ready".

Warmup
What I would like tho, is warmup up mode. It's boring having to wait for everyone to click, and i would prefer by far to be able to go around the map while the other team discusses tactics, or whatever.

Map rotation
In other unreal engine games you can costumize the map rotation easily trough webadmin. Dunno if T:V will have one tho.

On a side note
There's allready loads of usefull stuff around for ut2k3, and i belive it won't take that much time to have these minor features into the game, as it's prolly just adapting the code, since the engine is the same :)

Last edited:
s0ber said:
That's quite easy to code, and ther's loads of that coded out there for UT2k3 that do it.. flags behind nickname or just a message below the nickname saying if the player is "ready" or "not ready".

Warmup
What I would like tho, is warmup up mode. It's boring having to wait for everyone to click, and i would prefer by far to be able to go around the map while the other team discusses tactics, or whatever.

Map rotation
In other unreal engine games you can costumize the map rotation easily trough webadmin. Dunno if T:V will have one tho.

On a side note
There's allready loads of usefull stuff around for ut2k3, and i belive it won't take that much time to have these minor features into the game, as it's prolly just adapting the code, since the engine is the same :)

They didn't get the UT2K3 art and resources when they bought the engine. I wouldn't be surprised if that server browser/map rotation customisation/etc bit wasn't included with their license.

Back