suggestions: can we please get the ability to pignore threads with certain words

Darkstrand

Veteran X
in the subject:

I'd like threads where the thread starter includes such words as kurayami, recession, obama, democrats, republicans, fraggle, etc. to not show up on my teedub. Obviously, each poster should be able to have their own list.

With the amount of people that you ignore and those keywords would give you probably 2 or 3 threads a day that you could actually see.

I can't even imagine what a query of that magnitude would do to the database on every forum load. The ignore feature is already pretty nasty and that's using user id's rather than word matches.

I can't even imagine what a query of that magnitude would do to the database on every forum load. The ignore feature is already pretty nasty and that's using user id's rather than word matches.

select * from tw where subject <> *obama*

just limit users who use the feature to the last 200 threads

yeah that's what i was thinking too... but it's not so bad. It just needs to pull up the first posts of the 25(?) threads I can see at anytime and check them. Seems like a really small search to me. And once it's done a threads first post it doesnt' have to search it again just remember if it's suppose to ignore or not so that on later visits it won't search as much.

+
either a lot of people will use it in which case it was a good feature you added to your sit or
few people will use it and so it won't increase overhead

yeah that's what i was thinking too... but it's not so bad. It just needs to pull up the first posts of the 25(?) threads I can see at anytime and check them. Seems like a really small search to me. And once it's done a threads first post it doesnt' have to search it again just remember if it's suppose to ignore or not so that on later visits it won't search as much.

+
either a lot of people will use it in which case it was a good feature you added to your sit or

technically you could have a set list of ignore words & index off of them, no?

select * from tw where subject <> *obama*

just limit users who use the feature to the last 200 threads
Try...

PHP:
        $threads = $db->query_read_slave("
                SELECT $votequery $previewfield
                        thread.threadid, thread.title AS threadtitle, thread.forumid, pollid, open, postusername, postuserid, thread.iconid AS threadiconid,
                        thread.dateline, notes, thread.visible, sticky, votetotal, thread.attach, $tachy_columns,
                        thread.prefixid, thread.taglist, hiddencount, deletedcount
                        " . (($vbulletin->options['threadsubscribed'] AND $vbulletin->userinfo['userid']) ? ", NOT ISNULL(subscribethread.subscribethreadid) AS issubscribed" : "") . "
                        " . ($deljoin ? ", deletionlog.userid AS del_userid, deletionlog.username AS del_username, deletionlog.reason AS del_reason" : "") . "
                        " . (($vbulletin->options['threadmarking'] AND $vbulletin->userinfo['userid']) ? ", threadread.readtime AS threadread" : "") . "
                        " . ($redirectjoin ? ", threadredirect.expires" : "") . "
                        $hook_query_fields
                FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . "thread AS thread
                        $deljoin
                        " . (($vbulletin->options['threadsubscribed'] AND $vbulletin->userinfo['userid']) ?  " LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PREFIX . "subscribethread AS subscribethread ON(subscribethread.threadid = thread.threadid AND subscribethread.userid = " . $vbulletin->userinfo['userid'] . " AND canview = 1)" : "") . "
                        " . (($vbulletin->options['threadmarking'] AND $vbulletin->userinfo['userid']) ? " LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PREFIX . "threadread AS threadread ON (threadread.threadid = thread.threadid AND threadread.userid = " . $vbulletin->userinfo['userid'] . ")" : "") . "
                        $previewjoin
                        $tachyjoin
                        $redirectjoin
                        $hook_query_joins
                WHERE thread.threadid IN (0$ids) $hook_query_where
                ORDER BY sticky DESC, $sqlsortfield $sqlsortorder" . (!empty($sqlsortfield2) ? ", $sqlsortfield2 $sqlsortorder" : '') . "
        ");

And that's after you figure out the threadids, the sticky threads, the announcement threads, etc.

+

just stop comming here

how are you this much of a fuckbag

in the subject:

I'd like threads where the thread starter includes such words as kurayami, recession, obama, democrats, republicans, fraggle, etc. to not show up on my teedub. Obviously, each poster should be able to have their own list.

211_kleenex.jpg

Stop being a whiny bitch.

oh just to clarify I don't mean just in the subject line.

I also mean this would do the body of the first post
Wow. Now you're getting even crazier. The thread table is tiny compared to the post table. Everytime the post table is accessed, the server has to lock it and load it into memory. That's over 5gb worth of data at this point.

Back