Suggest some war-based science fiction novels

Walking_Man

Veteran X
Stuff in the vein of Starship Troopers, Armor, and the Posleen War series.

I need a break from my re-read of the Song of Ice and Fire series. A ray-guns-and-power-armor sort of break.

Ender's Game is "war-based" and is one of the best Sci-Fi novels ever written. Orson Scott Card is the author

Man-Kzin wars series written by Larry Niven and others. It is based on his 'Known Space' universe (Ringworld).

Reptile said:
Man-Kzin wars series written by Larry Niven and others. It is based on his 'Known Space' universe (Ringworld).

Good choice. I always liked the Kzinti. Reminded me of the Kilrathi. You know, when Wing Commander didn't suck balls. :)

Try the Starfire series by Weber. Its mostly ships and such, but theres a few power armor ground fights.

people will laugh at me for this.

but you should look into the Halo series. while the game focuses on the master chief, in the books he is just one of about 5 different points of view.

the game never tells you about the 3 spartans and marine platoon that was on reach defending the generators from covenant landing parties. nor does it talk about how the marines set up a defended base camp on halo and held it from a major cov assault while chief was unknowingly releasing the flood.

it's a good series and inexpensive to boot.

The mote in gods eye, though it may not have enough war. It was also released as the mote in murchesons(sp?) eye.

Back