Studio apartments and you

Whistler

Veteran X
TW,

I'm moving into a fairly small (~500 sq ft) studio apartment in a few weeks, and I'm trying to decide if I should forgo a traditional bed for a sleeper sofa, futon, murphy bed, etc to save on space.

Does anyone have experience with this? I wouldn't get something shitty, there are very nice sleeper sofas out there (Bed Sizes | Comfort Sleeper Sizes by American Leather for example), but I'm trying to decide whether it is worth the hassle for the extra space.

Any advice is always appreciated :sunny:

shot2-1.jpg

TW,

I'm moving into a fairly small (~500 sq ft) studio apartment in a few weeks, and I'm trying to decide if I should forgo a traditional bed for a sleeper sofa, futon, murphy bed, etc to save on space.

Does anyone have experience with this? I wouldn't get something shitty, there are very nice sleeper sofas out there (Bed Sizes | Comfort Sleeper Sizes by American Leather for example), but I'm trying to decide whether it is worth the hassle for the extra space.

Any advice is always appreciated :sunny:

i've slept on everything from the floor, to an air mattress, to a futon for the past 8 or so months and my back is fine. I can't imagine it would get messed up from that unless you were some kind of wussy

the thing with the couch being your bed is it would be gross for guests

Get a seperate bed and try to partition your bed away from where you'll spend most of your time in your studio. For instance, don't set your TV up in front of your bed. Your bed should be for sleeping and pillow-humping only.

Get a seperate bed and try to partition your bed away from where you'll spend most of your time in your studio. For instance, don't set your TV up in front of your bed. Your bed should be for sleeping and pillow-humping only.

why?

I've always used my bed as an all-purpose couch for watching TV and movies

It's handy. Girlfriends and I would spend like, entire days in bed just chilling and fucking, with the occasional venture out for a walk or coffee or whatever.

I've seen some pretty nice murphy beds that doubled function as closets/entertainment centers but they were pricey in the $2-5k range. Though I suppose purchasing a good mattress is pretty similar.

I would go that route if I planned on hosting or entertaining but if it was just me going about my business than I wouldn't really give a shit and just go regular mattress w/ sparse furnishings.

Back