student lead upper division biology lecture

Urshilikai

Veteran X
so my hack of a professor is trying out a new teaching technique where every lecture is a presentation done by 3 of the students

what the fuck is this shit, this is an upper division science class (lol bio isnt science but still...) not fourth grade

god damnit i hope he gets his ass fired

i had a couple professors who did this. it's just pure laziness. it's one thing to do a 15 minute presentation, but when the professor wants you to teach an entire class, they feel like they have better things to do than work with silly undergrads

thats exactly what my algorithms instructor did.... every day one person spent the day presenting their favorite algorithm/architecture/etc to the class and everyone was quizzed on it. while everyone dealt with stupid shit like bubblesort i presented a lecture on various implementations of neural networks and their applications :)

I have a class like this for bcem. Teachers teach about half the course, we go on some field trips... then student seminars for 30-40 minutes on a given topic. Good experience imo if you're going on in science, talks are vital.

Had a couple classes like that, some where the book was written by the professor too. Wonder how much of that $80 he got.

Back