Stock Trading - $0 commission trades

finalheaven

Veteran XX
Beta Sign up: https://www.robinhood.com

Robinhood, a new app, offers free stock trades

Zero-Commission Stock Trading App RobinHood Kicks Off Private Beta | TechCrunch

The start-up brokerage has received $3 million in seed funding and is backed by Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Rothenberg Ventures, Tim Draper and Howard Lindzon's Social Leverage, according to the company's website.

RobinHood is about to let anyone buy and sell stocks for free instead of having to pay E*Trade or Scottrade $7 per transaction. Today RobinHood begins inviting the 160,000 people who’ve signed up to download its glossy new app where you can efficiently track and trade stocks. “It’s by far the most beautiful brokerage app, though that’s not saying much” co-founder Vlad Tenev jokes.

But while RobinHood makes Wall Street look stylish in your pocket, what’s special is what it does, and does for free. That’s letting you trade stocks with zero commission. You might assume it would cost RobinHood money to execute trades, but in fact it can make money by moving yours around. We’ve just been conditioned to assume its something you have to pay for after decades of investors handing Scottrade, E*Trade and other brokerages $7 to $10 for each buy or sell.

I guess they will make interest off your margins + or other cash in the accounts etc.

IB and Tradeking offer 4.50$ which isnt bad

yeah the name sucks

anyone using a broker is probably trading capitalist pig who doesn't give a shit about robin hood themed name

god the UI is terrible i dont need it to look like that to trade, stupid apple UI over functionality

le sigh

i would consider if it had a desktop app and better mobile app but it might be worth it to pay $4.50 or deal with the IB system which doesnt use a flat rate for trading

god the UI is terrible i dont need it to look like that to trade, stupid apple UI over functionality

le sigh

i would consider if it had a desktop app and better mobile app but it might be worth it to pay $4.50 or deal with the IB system which doesnt use a flat rate for trading

see they shouldve always made it 0$ trades... in the end the wallstreet jews get your $ anyway, this just encourages more sheep to participate.

i get 30 free trades with merrill lynch per month

Qualify for up to 30 commission-free online equity and ETF trades per month when you have a balance of $25,000 in your Bank of America deposit accounts, or have $25,000 in cash in your Merrill Edge self-directed accounts, or maintain Platinum Privileges® status

no filters for me, i also dont pay anything for my brokerage account, but that may be because i've had it so long and am grandfathered in or something

Back