[Steam] Why was TF2 unsuccessful?

eggo

Contributor
Veteran X
Curious. I never really got too in to competitive fps play outside of tribes and a little CS but I've heard TF was a flop a few times. Why is that? TF2 to me is a good change of pace from so many other stupid twitch games like CS and allows team to work together to make a much more enjoyable team game :shrug:

Why don't/do you guys play it?

because people are tired of buying half life mods.

Biggest thing i noticed about watching my roomate playing left4dead last night was that it was just a half life mod.

I play once in a while, i just cant get into it. Maybe because i suck and don't know how to play, really.

Whats up with all thislevelling shit ive seen? Do some players get weapons and such that others dont due to this?

tf2 rocks. the only thing i don't like is how much you need to rely on your teammates, whereas in a game like t1 you could be the lone wolf and single-handedly change the tide of a game

I play once in a while, i just cant get into it. Maybe because i suck and don't know how to play, really.

Whats up with all thislevelling shit ive seen? Do some players get weapons and such that others dont due to this?

The medic/heavy/pyro have achievements to complete to get different weapons. They're not uber weapons or anything, they have downsides too.

tf2 rocks. the only thing i don't like is how much you need to rely on your teammates, whereas in a game like t1 you could be the lone wolf and single-handedly change the tide of a game
agreed, that's why i play demoman so much

it's the only class where you can get by pretty well without a medic (at least on offense)

and i don't think TF2 has been unsuccessful by any measure

I didn't really play CS. A better example would be how many times did I play SH.

Back