Space Beast Terror Fright

Oh man, that name. You can tell right away they have no marketing department.

I don't mind the Aliens reference but I think they're leaning a little too hard on it. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, except when it comes to 20th Century fox and the Alien franchise.

They should look at other games like Firestart and Alien Syndrome for inspiration.

I don't know if they can top Alien Swarm on Steam considering it's free and all.

I'm pulling my money out of the flashlight market right now because all signs point to there being some kind of catastrophe in that industry in the future.

space ships that can still power wall displays and doors cannot provide lighting. Not even those dinky battery powered LED's

The graphics don't seem all that great and not once did I actually see what they guy was firing at; all gun flash. Looks meh...

The graphics don't seem all that great and not once did I actually see what they guy was firing at; all gun flash. Looks meh...

It's kind of the point.
The giant gun, the muzzle flash, the data downloads obscuring half the screen, it's all designed to get in your way just enough so you can barely see what you're shooting at. It makes for some awesome panicky moments where you're firing blindly down a corridor until the motion tracker stops beeping, then as the smoke clears you realize there was nothing there and the aliens were breaching a door to the side and ate your face.

It's a game that decided it's thing was going to be about running around blindly trying not to get eaten. It does that very well.

I think their marine models are terrible though. The aliens are also kind of terrible, but because of the darkness, never getting a good look at them, and the fact that half the time you are filling your screen with bullets, they don't seem as jarring as the blocky terrible marines. Hopefully they redo those at some point before the online bit is out.

Haven't tried the new build, but in the last one I had a marine with like 7 missions completed (once you got all the upgrades, especially the map stuff, it got a lot more manageable).

Back