Someone's gonna try to buy my house out from under me :(

link_

Veteran X
Long Story short:
--I moved in to this place 6 months ago with a friend (who was already living here)
--When he first started renting he begged them to go month-to-month instead of having a long term lease--because the job situation was tenuous.
--The house is for sale.
--We tried to sign a long term lease a month ago (because the job situation stabalized) and the owner apparently didn't want to because he thought it might sell.
--House is overpriced and we haven't really been worried about someone buying it. Until today...
--Someone is coming by to look at it. :(

I want to go to the store and get mouse traps to set up everywhere. And make it dirty/unappealing.

Mother F$@%!

just because someone is looking at the house does not mean they will buy it

have you ever been house shopping? its common to show a house. this is the FIRST person thats come to view it? thats really bad (for the owner)

not your house.. it is his so no one is buying shit from under you... you rent so get over it and move along.

just because someone is looking at the house does not mean they will buy it

have you ever been house shopping?

I know. I know the odds are in our favor but fuck. Like I said, this house is overpriced ( 20K more than other, nicer houses in the same neighborhood). I still want to do everything I can to make it as unappealing as possible. Like go cook fish.

What you should do is check and see that he is paying the note on the house.

If he's fallen behind at the bank, you don't have to pay rent.

Don't pay rent for a month or two, and with the money saved, rent a truck and move on.

not your house.. it is his so no one is buying shit from under you... you rent so get over it and move along.

"my house" == the house I am living in

And they are buying it from under me. err..they would be if they actually buy it.

If a homeowner isn't paying the mortgage, they can't legally charge rent on the house. (In most places, anyway.)

So if he has fallen behind at the bank, don't pay fuckin rent, save the money, and use it to move.

It's totally legal on your part. (In most places.)

What does month to month have to do with anything?

An owner can break a lease with a contractual agreement to sell the house, with XX days (30?) notice. At least thats the deal in CA

i've never heard of that taxi, doesn't really make sense to me.

renter's agreement and the bank agreement should be two seperate things in my mind:shrug:

but I don't doubt it with the dumbshit liberal 'pretect the poor\ignorant at everyone else's(and common sense's) expense' laws.

And also, if he didn't pay the mortgage in previous months and accepted rent from you, you can actually sue him for the money you paid in those months.

(In most places, anyway.)

i've never heard of that taxi, doesn't really make sense to me.

renter's agreement and the bank agreement should be two seperate things in my mind:shrug:

but I don't doubt it with the dumbshit liberal 'pretect the poor\ignorant at everyone else's(and common sense's) expense' laws.

It protects everyone from fraud, idiot.

capitalism is freedom brah :flag:

shitty thing to happen to a bro though ;<

edit:

If a homeowner isn't paying the mortgage, they can't legally charge rent on the house. (In most places, anyway.)

So if he has fallen behind at the bank, don't pay fuckin rent, save the money, and use it to move.

It's totally legal on your part. (In most places.)

taxi seems to know a little too much about this :D

Last edited:
Back