So whats next for ZdTV/TechTv/Techtv-G4/G4?

Ashley

Veteran XV
I miss the Old days of ZdTv and some of TechTv.

I watch G4 for ST: TNG and thats it. Attack of the show (The Screen Savers) Is a hudge pile of shit.

And what the FUCK does FAST LANE and TEH MAN SHOEWS have to do with Tech?

so thats where fastlane went

i was watching it on tv about a month ago at work, then all of the sudden people started talking about games and i was like ??

Limbo said:
Pics of Ashley or ban.
his real name is Ash

ash.gif

Black_Mana said:
g4ttv is just desperately trying to grab up the 15-30 y/o male demographic

It's not even G4TTV anymore. They dropped everything TTV except X-Play. They also renamed TSS to Attack of the Show and added 100 ponds of suck per episode.

Oh, and wasup Ashley. :wave:

RetroHelix said:
It's not even G4TTV anymore. They dropped everything TTV except X-Play. They also renamed TSS to Attack of the Show and added 100 ponds of suck per episode.

Oh, and wasup Ashley. :wave:

ys edit: hellow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sheex said:
spike is better for our age group

The fuck it is. Whats good for your "age group" are things like Travel, discovery and history chan.

G4 is trying to change in a way Mtv did. Use an interest(music videos/tech) into a trojan horse to launch a culture oriented network.

G4 is run by people who dont know a damn thing about Television Or Technology. Thats why its so shitty.

There was a Slashdot article/link to an article about G4 recently. Apparently, among things, they're retooling Attack of the Show to focus far less on technology and more on things that "young males" would be interested in. Icons is going to have interviews with rappers and crap.

I havn't really watched the channel much since the G4 take over. It wasn't exactly Grade A TV before either. The Canadian channel has more tech-related shows, but they're too "Mac-trendy OMG WEB 2.0 AJAX!"

I actually really enjoy x-play. Its the only thing on that network I can stand. It is surprisingly well written, and has enjoyable eye candy.

PJ said:
I actually really enjoy x-play. Its the only thing on that network I can stand. It is surprisingly well written, and has enjoyable eye candy.

I would agree with this, but to watch X-Play you have to put up with their crappy ads for their crappy shows. :(

And I must say the most pointless show is Cheat. "Oh, look! Game hints and cheats that have been available on the internet for months!" It also happens to be hosted by a chick that knows nothing about video games.

Last edited:
Ya, the ads are bad. The E3 comercial makes me want to stab myself in the neck.

Startrek 2.0? Right.

I just channel surf during comercials.

Back