[SO] The government is shut down...

From another perspective, Congress funds things that the President doesn't want all the time. There are many military expenditures that are basically just jobs works programs since neither the Pentagon nor the President want them, but Congressmen want government money going to their districts.

That's a different argument entirely and one that I basically agree with.

However, it takes two sides to disagree. Obama and the Republicans are going to have to find a common ground. I'm curious where it will end up being.

Who is it that keeps Obamacare on the table when it isn't in reality and you want to fault both parties for it?

I didn't "fault" anyone in that statement (except implicitly the Republicans when I said I "basically agree with" your previous post). How did you come to that conclusion?

Also I don't really know what "Who is it that keeps Obamacare on the table when it isn't in reality" means.

This started out being about defunding Obamacare.

Now though they claim Obamacare is "off the table" they've yet to go back vote and get to doing their job.

So why are they still whiny ass bitches and not working if it, Obamacare, is in fact off the table.

They are working the leverage to get something they can't get if they actually let congress vote on it because too many republicans would cross over and vote against the dictates of the squealing idiots.

Just a fyi:

When Will The Government Run Out Of Money? : Planet Money : NPR

Last edited:
face it, we are all fucked.

this country is heading for disaster, and i blame the government, not just republicans, not just democrats, every motherfucking one of them.

grab your torches and your pitchforks, things are about to get ugly.

face it, we are all fucked.

this country is heading for disaster, and i blame the government, not just republicans, not just democrats, every motherfucking one of them.

grab your torches and your pitchforks, things are about to get ugly.

It is more than just the government, the whole system is changing. The old ideas of what makes an economy or a government are failing. You have an economy that works for the corporations but has a dwindling need for labor. What are people to do when they have less and less ability to make a life with their own talents, go back to subsistence farming? 40 acres and a mule for anyone that isn't needed to keep the machine going?

its weird to see them patting themselves on their backs

lol what a bunch of wankers those politicians are.

the deal is going on the table and bringing it to vote will not be blocked; the votes have not come in yet though...

monkey wrench could be too many nay votes.

then gov stays shut.

:spineyes:

Our government is a joke. Obama is a dictator. No better than Hitler or Stalin. Obamacare, what the hell is that? Obama will tell you it is for the American people...so everyone can afford healthcare. Did he tell you if you do not sign your income tax check that you get ever year will be the governments? Yeah that's right there is a fine if you do not sign. And for all of you who want Obamacare just dial the number is 1-800-3(F)1 8(U)-2(C) 5(K) 9(Y) 6(O)! It spells fuck yo, just add the u. Why is the government involved in education? Remember the days where going college was actually meant something? Everyone is going to college because the government made it easier. Instead of private banks competing to earn your business to obtain a loan to pay for college, all you have to do is sign up for financial aid. Remember the 2008 recession where the government created Fannie May and gave loans to everyone so they can live the American dream and buy a house at high interest rates that no one could afford? What do you think is going to happen with college loans? College debt now surpasses American credit card debt. You come out of college with a mortgage and no guarantee of a job. Did you also know the financial situation is so bad in America that we have to keep borrowing trillions of dollars from China to keep afloat? Corporate tax is the United States is so high that companies create factories in China, India, Mexico, and other countries. Don't believe me just look at your shoes, clothes, cars, and most of anything you buy now days is assembled or made in China or somewhere else. The only thing that is keeping America a float now is the federal reserve. We have the ability to print endless amounts of money. What happens if the U.S dollar isn't worth anything anymore. Countries are already pulling there money out of the world reserve and once the ball starts rolling the United States will be in another great depression. Only a matter of time... Thanks Obama for creating laws and taxing us to death. The government pretty much controls everything and no one is doing anything to stop it. Every since you came in office gas has gone up 150% from where it was before you took office.

If you don't think it's ridiculous then there is something you're not understanding.

This is a bargaining chip that the House has always had. I don't agree with the Republicans' goals, but they're just playing hardball. Saying this is ridiculous is basically just saying that our entire system is ridiculous. :shrug:

(Personally I think our system is pretty ridiculous, but I don't think this sort of thing is the biggest reason for it.)

Back