[So] Pirates 2 is the biggest opening of any film, ever.

It is the biggest opening and still not nearly as good as the first. And if there's anything I learned from the Matrix, don't get your hopes up on sequels filmed at the same time.

didn't spiderman open on a wednesday or something?

that might explain why their 3-day earnings weren't as good as Pirates which opened on a friday

then again i might be remembering the spidey release day totally wrong

FuFu said:
afaik opening on a wednesday doesnt take away from total weekend revenues it only adds to them

afaik they're saying that Pirates 2 took in more in a 3-day span than any other movie, not 'opening weekend'

it doesn't surprise me that a movie running friday-sunday made more than one that opened wednesday-friday.

Actually Aquaman made 115 million I think. But yeah, holy shit, that's a big opening. I saw it yesterday around 1pm and the theatres were packed. Huge lines were forming for the next showing, and as we drove around jacksonville the rest of the day, ever theatre was surrounded by traffic and even a big pirate ship was in front of one. It was like EVERYBODY was going to see this movie. And I'm glad, too. Johnny Depp is the fucking man.

I don't have stocks in movies, so I could give a fuck what they gross their first week.

Groove said:
afaik they're saying that Pirates 2 took in more in a 3-day span than any other movie, not 'opening weekend'

it doesn't surprise me that a movie running friday-sunday made more than one that opened wednesday-friday.

The counter doesn't start until the friday after it opens. The wed release is just used to guesstimate at what will happen.

Groove said:

Spiderman's $114 mil take is based on Fri-Sun opening.

Pepper M.D. said:
Actually Aquaman made 115 million I think. But yeah, holy shit, that's a big opening. I saw it yesterday around 1pm and the theatres were packed. Huge lines were forming for the next showing, and as we drove around jacksonville the rest of the day, ever theatre was surrounded by traffic and even a big pirate ship was in front of one. It was like EVERYBODY was going to see this movie. And I'm glad, too. Johnny Depp is the fucking man.

aquaman is a make-believe movie in entourage you jackhole

Back