[so] my TripleFi 10's arrived today

and they are fucking amazing, seriously.
they excel at basically every genre I throw at them. motorhead, thelonious monk, daft punk, outkast, the who, jamiroquai and charles mingus is what I've listened so far and everything sounds amazing. I have never seen IEMs/headphones as balanced as these.

I want to get some new earbuds. The ones I have now were bought in a pinch and are pretty crappy.

What is up with the non shoe thread and more importantly the lack of required photo shoot images as per the expectations you have set for years???

I read the bass was a bit anaemic with those phones. Glad you're happy with them depite that. Enjoy!

bass is very abundant actually. very clear and punchy and the quantity is quite high. it's not a basshead phone by any means, but the bass is far from lacking. what does happen is that you need a good fit and a proper seal for the bass to be there, if the fit ain't right the bass is indeed almost nonexistent. some people may be saying it's lacking because you haven't used the right tip or simply have weird ear canals. well, either that or they're bassheads and should not have bought an IEM that is treble oriented.

I want to get some new earbuds. The ones I have now were bought in a pinch and are pretty crappy.

sup bam, long time since we last spoke.
these are really nice if you're into clear, crisp treble that extends like crazy. mids aren't recessed but also aren't boosted at all, I like them this way but if you're really into vocals(specially deep low vocals) you might find them a bit distant but not lacking; but a little EQ tuning should solve that. female vocals sound incredible on these.
if you're into massive bass you might wanna look somewhere else, as I said, these don't lack bass but their focus on treble may displease bassheads. I find the bass on these to be just perfect since I prefer punchy and clear lows to overwhelming and muddy bass. some may find they do not suit rap very well, I have no gripe in that regard but I like to listen to the details in rap/hip hop beats and they are stellar in this aspect, if you're into the strong jaw breaking drums you might dislike these.
the highs on these things is just astonishing. can't emphasize enough how good the treble is. extends till infinity keeping clarity and crispness, not to mention the sheer amount of it.
the isolation on these is great and they come with a myriad of tips including memory-foam tips from comply.
they have a pronounced V-shape sound signature that is fun and very balanced allowing the mids to be super clear and giving these IEMs a very decent soundstage. they do not sound warm but they sound far from analyticalm in this aspect I guess they sit right at the middle.
the cable on these is the only iffy part but that fact that they're switchable means that if they annoy you enough you can shell out 30 bucks and get a different set of cords.

all in all these are absolutely amazing monitors that excel in most genres and even on genres that I'd call it's weaknesses it holds it's own against any phones I've owned or listened to.

my only recomendation is for anyone who's interested to go to a store and try them on since so many people seem to have problems with the fit and a poor seal will result in lackluster bass and bad isolation.

"Ultimate Ears".
:rofl:
4.5 stars on Froogle because anyone who spends $200 on $50 product is not going to admit they got fucked.

Back