[so] It's election day

Who are you voting for?

• Total voters
I'm just going for the VA constitutional amendment on partial tax exemption for real property that is subject to recurrent flooding. That shit's sexy.

Voting R all the way.

"According to Jefferson, it was late in the afternoon before the delegates gathered their courage to the sticking point. The talk was about axes, scaffolds, and the gibbet, when suddenly a strong, bold voice sounded "Gibbet! They may stretch our necks on all the gibbets in the land; they may turn every rock into a scaffold; every tree into a gallows; every home into a grave, and yet the words of that parchment can never die! They may pour our blood on a thousand scaffolds, and yet from every drop that dyes the axe a new champion of freedom will spring into birth! The British King may blot out the stars of God from the sky, but he cannot blot out His words written on that parchment there. The works of God may perish: His words never!

"The words of this declaration will live in the world long after our bones are dust. To the mechanic in his workshop they will speak hope: to the slave in the mines freedom: but to the coward kings, these words will speak in tones of warning they cannot choose but hear...

"Sign that parchment! Sign, if the next moment the gibbet's rope is about your neck! Sign, if the next minute this hall rings with the clash of falling axes! Sign, by all your hopes in life or death, as men, as husbands, as fathers, brothers, sign your names to the parchment, or be accursed forever! Sign, and not only for yourselves, but for all ages, for that parchment will be the textbook of freedom, the bible of the rights of man forever.

"Nay, do not start and whisper with surprise! It is truth, your own hearts witness it: God proclaims it. Look at this strange band of exiles and outcasts, suddenly transformed into a people; a handful of men, weak in arms, but mighty in God-like faith; nay, look at your recent achievements, your Bunker Hill, your Lexington, and then tell me, if you can, that God has not given America to be free!"

Manly P. Hall - The Secret Destiny of America

RoMOcoE.jpg

Last edited:
.Not voting. All candidates have polling margins greater than 12 that I'm aware of. Been out of residence for a period of time so I dont know 80% of ballot. Other than school taxes I only vote when I got a horse in the race locally.

My vote won't matter in regards to democrats vs republicans - MA will go democrat for house/senate and re-elect Baker by 30 points - which is fine, baker is as anti-trump as any democrat is and he's an all-around reasonable person. But I gotta vote on our questions. Nurse staffing ratios (yes) constitutional amendment to overturn citizens united (yes) and keeping our transgender rights law (yes)

I went to the California progressive party page and printed out everything on our ballot and what they recommend I vote for, that way I know what not to vote for.

Back