So I'm a Brit. What's with Ron Paul?

Cuthbert

Veteran X
could someone explain to me say, 5 reasons why republicans (or, indeed, anyone) thinks Ron Paul is 'the man' (whether or not you think he can actually win). I am curious to know what he has going for him in terms of public opinion, rather than direct policy, by which I mean I can easily look up what he says, but I would love to know what you personally *think*.

I'm sure this could turn into a politics thread, but as an outsider I'm not too concerned. So say your piece, and feel free not to reply to retards that want to make it into "u r a faggot 4 likin this candidate" thread.

edit: any political opinions is fine, actually, it's debate hour here in Rosslyn VA and I want some input.

Last edited:
he's the darling of the left because they know that he's the only one that hillary or barak can defeat

And there was I thinking people took him seriously. Who's got him in his sig? SuicideTaxi? I suppose he is a known crazy...

edit: no giga, he's unheard of. But I'm in the USA this year and I'm trying to find a credible republican candidate to talk about.

And there was I thinking people took him seriously. Who's got him in his sig? SuicideTaxi? I suppose he is a known crazy...

they dont, just like how the chuck norris list was originally the vin disel list. People tried to spam mike gravel on the internet saying and doing the extact samethings but it failed.

he's a constitutionalist and that's appealing to american's who want "our freedoms and liberties" not to be catch phrases without meaning

He's one of the few congress men that has some semblance of integrity. He gives his money back to Congress, was against the war in Iraq from day one, and has never, in his long ass congressional career, voted to increase taxes.

He is also an advocate of getting rid of income tax altogether, FOLLOWING THE CONSTITUTION, and a smaller federal government.

Why don't you do the fucking research yourself, limey bitch.

hes a strict constitutionalist.... as in, he believes in the ideals the country was founded upon, and not what its evolved into

he feels that a lot of the change thats happened to the nation wasnt necessarily for the better and wants to correct mistakes that he feels doesnt jive with the founding fathers ideals.

his biggest drawing point is from his disdain for taxes - most specifically the federal income tax - which was only put into effect less than 100 years ago and required an amendment that has been argued over since day 1 because supposedly it was put into effect without a proper, thorough vote. no one can say for sure since everyone that was there for it is pretty much dead now, but he feels that the internal revenue service (IRS) and the federal income tax need to go and that americans would be much better off without it.

thats where most naysayers stop reading about him and immediately begin spouting shit like "OMFG WE CANT DO THAT WE ARE ALREADY IN MASSIVE DEBT THATS SO DUMB HES DUMB WHAT A DUMMIE." dr. paul goes on to solve that issue of lost revenue by saying he'd like to do some things that would be AWESOME - like start getting pissed and doing something about all the illegal immigration, halting foreign aid to countries that either hate us, don't help us in return, or don't do what they say theyre going to do with the money/supplies we send them. that in itself would be billions of dollars a year. he wants to stop spreading the troops so thin and stop constantly getting in foreign affairs we dont belong in. there are other things that go along with it... hes against abortions for example, which (we all know) i am pro-choice, but whatever - i can live with it for the greater good.

most politians just spew shit prior to elections to try to get people to like them - come off very moderate - and make promises that of course they cant keep, but congressman paul is actually a... well, god help us.... honest guy. his voting record really does speak for itself. hes the only republican (and to be fair, hes not REALLY a republican, but you cant be elected anything in this country unless you're 1 of 2 parties - which is fucking horrible) in this election that voted against the war in iraq since day 1 and still does. hes never voted for a congressional pay raise. hes never voted for an increase in taxes.

i like him. i think the country would make some extremely beneficial changes under his guidance. i dont think he will win, but hes got my vote.

she's actually a he

pic_rupaul2.jpg

oh wait RON Paul

Basically, he's the epitome of who we should have leading our country.

While Bush is the exact opposite, and was given his position through the good ol' boy network.

Get informed.

Back