So I lost my stuff in a flash flood last night

MournBlade

Veteran XX
Topic pretty much says it all. If my laptop has survived, I'll try to get pics up by Tuesday. All my tools, air compressor, welder, surplus computer and networking equipment were in the basement. The water reached the first floor in an hour and I was told to evacuate half an hour later. When I left the water was waist high. Then I slogged it six miles to the mother in laws where the wife and baby were.

spelling & grammar edit

Last edited:
we have had it that high, too. no important equipment in the basement though.. just thousands of dollars of old books.

Im glad I dont have to worry 'bout floods, land slides, tornados, hurricanes, etc..

only real threat here are Blizzards and Ice Storms, bewbew

I live in Oakdale, PA and no I don't have flood insurance. I don't know what I can claim yet on homeowners. This is the worst flood in the entire history of the town.

MournBlade said:
I live in Oakdale, PA and no I don't have flood insurance. I don't know what I can claim yet on homeowners. This is the worst flood in the entire history of the town.

sucks man, good luck!

Yea that would suck, stashing all your shit in the basement expecting your roof to fly off, to instead have it flood, and ruin everything you own. :(

Sorry bout the bad luck, stiff upper lip eh.

DMAUL said:
we have had it that high, too. no important equipment in the basement though.. just thousands of dollars of old books.
Aww books. It breaks my heart to hear that. :(

yeah, it rained a lot here last night, but not nearly as much as that, not even close
sorry to hear about your stuff :(

Back