So I got a beta key -- annoying things to watch out for?

Ben Reed

Veteran X
So yeah, once my 3-day ban for a facetious comment in Nagrand General runs out, I think I'll go ahead and get my beta on. Is logging on to the realms and such still a pain in the ass? Any stupid things that should be obvious that I should be aware of engaging in this beta, besides the whole THINGS AREN'T FINISHED, RETARD angle?

Be prepared to have Northrend crash approximately once every 5.3 nanoseconds during peak times.

Other than that... rogues are OP/broken... and mages are considerably more rape than on live.

I don't care for Burnout. 5% higher mana cost doesn't seem too appealing even for extra crit damage. Mana conservation as a mage is already a pain with the lack of mp5 and spirit. You have to be pretty on the spot with gem/potion/evocation cooldowns, and you give up DPS if you take clearcasting.

They should change Burnout to a channeled fire spell. It's the only mage spec that doesn't have a channeled spell.

whats up with the mage mirror images, do they all do full damage? Im really inspired to bring my mage back to life

not really, they only cast frostbolt/fireblast which hit for 1500ish and at the moment they don't scale with gear

they also have a 16% miss on raid bosses

hopefully they'll retune them soon

not really, they only cast frostbolt/fireblast which hit for 1500ish and at the moment they don't scale with gear

they also have a 16% miss on raid bosses

hopefully they'll retune them soon

thats kinda weak, i was excited to hear about them but the lack of scaling is really weak.

I may level my mage just to make a magic carpet though

wowscrnshot090908193558fg1.jpg

they're still pretty cool!

Shaman talents are broken. Not good, just broken. So much so that a lot of people are abandoning their 70's.

Also, prot warriors are awesome now. I'm leveling prot and having fun doing it.

Back