So, got diagnosed with terminal pancreatic cancer

PassinThru

Veteran XV
Been having problems with my gal bladder for 6 months or so when a couple weeks ago I broke out in liver malfunction (jaundiced, tired, dark urine, and itching).

Went to see my primary doctor who sent me in for a ct scan. He gets back to me and says I have a stone in my gal bladder, plus some weird tissue blocking where the gal bladder and pancreas drain into the small intestine. He has me check myself into Saint Luke's hospital in Kansas City, where they do a MRI, and then stick some tube down my throat and take biopsies of shit around the gal bladder. They also put a stint in to drain the gal bladder.

The next day one of the doctors on my "team" comes in and says they have the result from the first biopsy and it came back positive for final stage pancreatic cancer. He kept saying it was the same cancer that just killed Steve Jobs. I said fine, what are we going to do about it. He says they are still waiting on results of the other biopsy of the surrounding tissue, but after they got those results they would get the team together and talk with me then. I was like, well, fuck me.

Later on that day another doctor from the team comes in and is talking with me and asks me if I heard of the results from the first biopsy. I said yes, I heard I had terminal pancreatic cancer. She looks at me strange and leaves. An hour or so later the head of the team comes in, asks me the same question and I give the same answer. He then tells me that no, I did not have terminal pancreatic cancer. In fact I had no cancer what-so-ever. The positive result for the first biopsy was caused by the gal bladder blockage and the liver dis-function. They were still waiting on the results of the second biopsy, but the stint was clearing up the problem with my gal bladder, my liver functions were returning to normal, and I should be good to go home that day.

An hour or so later the head of the team comes back into my room and tells me he has good news. They got the result of the second biopsy and it turns out I DO have cancer. Why is that good news you ask? Cause the cancer I do have is Lymphonic cancer and he says it's early and treatable with chemo therapy,

So... they do a whole bunch more tests and shit on me, fill me up with chemo drugs, and send me home. I get to go back in a few day, but apparently I'm going to live for a bit longer. Yay

TL: DR Stupid doctor tells me I have terminal cancer. Then I get told I have no cancer. Then I get told I do have cancer but it's treatable. Weeee.

Clearly your reaction was such a beta response to being told you had terminal cancer they lied to you to make you stop crying, you little pussy.

I AM REALLY SORRY TO HEAR THIS I HOPE YOU DO NOT DIE AND IF YOU DO DIE I HOPE THEY GIVE YOU A SHIT LOAD OF OPIATES FOR THE DURATION OF YOUR DYING PERIOD

YOU KNOW WHAT FUCK IT I HOPE THEY GIVE YOU AN ENDLESS FUCKIN SUPPLY OF MORPHINE AND OXYCONTIN AND SHIT EVEN IF THEY MISDIAGNOSED YOUR AILMENT

FUCK YEAH

OP: I was misdiagnosed 2 years ago during a routine checkup.

I can't imagine that "stomach falling through the floor feeling" and how long the wait between doctors was. Did you get the pulsing ringing in your ears during the mind-race?

fuck that is a shitty day. if iw as told that i might have got up left the hospital and rode my bike into the desert. good thing you stuck around

fuck that is a shitty day. if iw as told that i might have got up left the hospital and rode my bike into the desert. good thing you stuck around

I hear heatstroke and death by insect bites is WAY better than getting your affairs in order, saying goodbye to loved ones, and sailing off into oblivion in a doped up euphoric stupor.

Oh BTW.... that doctor on your "team" that initially diagnosed you with terminal pancreatic cancer? That was Buize.

id rather die with my boots on then in some hospital but thanks for what you hear.

in all srsness I get you -- I am envious of the guys who would want to spend their last weeks scratching off their bucket list shit. As I've gotten older and become more pragmatic, I am more about taking care of other people instead of what "I" want.

Back