Shitty anti-virus programs

Waks

Veteran X
Ok I am using ThreatFire and Avast!. I also use Hijackthis, which I have no idea how it works. Anyways my computer will constantly run slow and won't work well. I cannot figure out why it is doing this, I think there may be a virus, unfortunately though neither Avast! nor threatfire find anything.

Thank you Van I'll use that after I burn what I want to DVD and reformat I'm sick of this shit.

adaware
spybot
avg
hijackthis

with all those you shold be able to get rid of whatever you have.

i had a nasty virus not long ago and after a couple days and with soem help from some people who know more about this shit then i do i got rid of it without having to reformat.

run them in safe mode as well.

Is there something wrong with Avast! (?!?!?)
I switched to it after AVG pissed me off one too many times with false positives. For whatever reason, the Ignore doesn't actually work.

Seriously? WTF are you guys doing on your computers? I use Avast on all of my computers and it runs fine, I never get viruses. Avast stops em before they can take root. Besides... what are you doing to get viruses anyway? The only times I find em on the net is when I click on links that stupid friends send me. If you want a proven resource friendly AV program get antivir... I use it on my work PC and havent had a virus in 3 years. I hook up infects HDD's to it every day... But in all honesty Avast has always worked fine for me... maybe upgrade your ram

What does hooking up a infected HD have to do with spreading viruses?

Does the HD magically start executing exe's and dll's?

Well I didn't want to get into it, but customers often request proof that the data transfers on back-ups succeed. (so you need to open stuff for them.) Moral of the story, dont download shit when you dont know where it came from if you're just going to bitch. The Internet is a fetid wasteland of shit. Dont cry if you put your dick in a nasty ho and you get the burnies.

AVG used to be the fan favorite, but it deletes crack programs thinking they are trojans. Forget that, I spent a lot of time downloading my apps. Don't want newer ones either because they are bloated. Lucky for me, I had backup copies on DVDs I made.

Well I didn't want to get into it, but customers often request proof that the data transfers on back-ups succeed. (so you need to open stuff for them.) Moral of the story, dont download shit when you dont know where it came from if you're just going to bitch. The Internet is a fetid wasteland of shit. Dont cry if you put your dick in a nasty ho and you get the burnies.

wat

Back