Scamming Amazon and Best Buy

Ranger-=VuP=-

Veteran XV
I'm apparently 2 for 2 in unintentionally scamming large corporations for small amounts of money this week.

Scam #1:
I bought some mp3s from Amazon for $8 (I do this occasionally for rarer albums, when I can't immediately find a good quality rip online to begin with). I clicked "buy" and then downloaded the mp3s and put them on my phone, no problem. However, I had forgotten that my CC# renewal date had changed recently, and the info they had saved was incorrect.

In the morning I got an email from Amazon telling me that my order had been canceled and that I should update my payment info.

The mp3s, of course, don't expire, and are DRM-free.
Advantage: me.

Scam #2:
I ordered COD and Assassin's Creed 2 from BB online via their "Buy 1 get 1 half-off" deal, with in-store pickup. They don't charge you until you actually pick up the game. I picked up COD last week and paid $30. Now I could cancel AC2 and in the end will have paid $30 for 1 game. This isn't so much of a scam because I still paid $30 for no dedicate SERVERS OMGOMG!! and I"m probably going to buy AC2 anyway, but still...

I was at wendys and I had a coupon for a free frosty shake with the purchase of a baconator

so the guy rings up a frosty (1.99) but I remind him that the coupon is for a frosty shake (3.19).. so he makes me the frosty shake but takes off 3.19 even though he only charged 1.99. So I got a frosty shake AND $1.20.

I was at wendys and I had a coupon for a free frosty shake with the purchase of a baconator

so the guy rings up a frosty (1.99) but I remind him that the coupon is for a frosty shake (3.19).. so he makes me the frosty shake but takes off 3.19 even though he only charged 1.99. So I got a frosty shake AND $1.20.

and the baconator? something wrong with this story

at mcd's last week she was having problems with their CC machine so they just gave me my lunch for free. she tried both my cards but something was wrong on their end (i checked and it never got to my bank)

got free gas from the local gas company for a year. When we had moved into the house, we never opened a gas acc since it was coming in for free. This went on for a whole year :D

Got xbox live free for 2 years because i never updated my credit card info and they never found out about it. Somehow i fell through the cracks. :D

At a gas station I worked at years ago we had a Pizza Hut Express in the back, and I'd get my lunch from there. I ordered my pizza, the guy takes my $10.00 bill, gives me my change, and goes back to make my pizza.

As I walk away I'm counting my change, and I notice that there's a $20.00 bill stuck in the $1 bills he gave me. I said nothing, picked up my Pizza later and walked away with a free pizza and more money in my pocket then when I started.

got free gas from the local gas company for a year. When we had moved into the house, we never opened a gas acc since it was coming in for free. This went on for a whole year :D

Got xbox live free for 2 years because i never updated my credit card info and they never found out about it. Somehow i fell through the cracks. :D

I am to honest I couldn't live with either of those

I got MW2 for $40 because the trainee cashier thought I gave him $80.

Of course I used my charm and wit to distract him :brows:

no wonder you are shaped like a pear.

recently when entering a club i frequent, i paid the $5 cover with a $20 bill while talking to the woman at the door... she was not paying attention and gave me my change... four $5 bills.

Back