say I funded a team to build a new tribes - who would you put on the dev team?

I dont want to hijack this thread, but just an FYI NOVAKIN looking for artist(s) still. We will also need additional game related positions but art is our primary roadblock.

NK is not a "tribes game" or an "FPSZ", NK is a T1 remake. There is a distinct difference IMO.

NK has T1 player movement physics, provided by andrew.
Server auth clientside prediction network model. Server runs at 60fps as opposed to 20 or 30 like most games.
Map editor.
Server streamed maps, including heightmap data. This means the ability to customize the terrain itself.
Mod-ability. (Currently vchat sound files, vchat configuration file, and reticles. More to come in the future like gameplay mods, player skins, etc)
Player owned servers. Server files are downloadable and players can run their own server from their home, LAN event, dedicated server providers, VPS, etc.
NK is approximately 60-70% complete in terms of core functionality, progress is currently halted due to a lack of artists.

[ROYALTY] 3D Artist Needed to finish 3D Sci-Fi FPS-Z Multiplayer Game - Novakin — polycount

Hit me up on Discord if interested. Discord

Novakin not RIP!

What a great day!

You rly think reggs has marketed a thing in his life lol

He works at a call center

tumblr_m8f5glisSc1r0oobto1_500.jpg

:cool:

lemon i rip you a shitton now but you were the number #1 person came to mind for a dev

dream dev team

groove/lemon/andrew/nofix/opsayo

dare for consulting because fuck that guy loved tribes even if he was nuts

other top consultants would be disk (this guy lived for tribes for his entire life i swear its all he did for 15 years)

yeah dare had his heart in the right place

disk would just do drugs and play tribes constantly

i used to login he was on goto bed then login again he was still on

he loved that game and he started as a kid so he played it forever

i'd put together an all star team of video game greats

we're talking

john carmack - technical lead
dave georgeson - gameplay mechanics
tim schafer - story
pete hines - marketing
viktor antonov - art and design
todd howard - project lead
mark lampert - sound design

let me know when you put this team together and we'll talk

What about Piotrr?

Per worked on Ground Control I + II you know

Bring back multiple deplorable turrets (8 or 10 a team), the map, the mini-map, and flying transports. I could go on, but.. that will be a good start.

Did nofix leave tw? I can't recall the last time I've seen him post now that I think about it.

He was caught by the feds for maga hacking and he had to choose between jail or working for them

What's your guess

Trump's got elected by using HappyMod[/hint]

He was caught by the feds for maga hacking and he had to choose between jail or working for them

What's your guess

Trump's got elected by using HappyMod[/hint]

they tried that with Vietnam soldiers convicted of crimes I dunno if it worked out well for fragged officers lookout company boys... although I'm sure the NRO electric fence issues a powerful jolt

Back