say I funded a team to build a new tribes - who would you put on the dev team?

in south canadia, born and raised
in an igloo is where is spent most of my days
chillin out, twaxin, relaxin all cool
and playin some hockey outside of the school

you may want to hold up on auditioning more, while you are ahead, you don't want to blow this gig, before contract is signed.

Last edited:
ur4tT6f.jpg

Why not just buy the original tribes IP and just market it? Maybe it could be revived like Minecraft. How many games these days allow custom maps and shit

i'd put together an all star team of video game greats

we're talking

john carmack - technical lead
dave georgeson - gameplay mechanics
tim schafer - story
pete hines - marketing
viktor antonov - art and design
todd howard - project lead
mark lampert - sound design

let me know when you put this team together and we'll talk

I know you're a comp engineer, but you're acting like you know something about gaming or something. Dude, stay in your lane.

New Tribes or remake of T1/T2C?

I recall Dave G. talking about tribes universe and galactic challenges, like he went on to do with planetside, after leaving Dynamix.

Must admit went first played sony's planetside, was not thrilled so much.

Like paying for midair instant access and then be stuck in game waiting pug cue...

Not the click and play, that attracts everyone.

I think a game that can mod, at maps and attract some of the RPG crowd, with a FPS core and ability to challenge and do lot of the squad and clan functions, with right gameplay, that can be modded and cross played, like lt planet, base planet, and off planet in space battles, like star citizen has done with graphics and VR... were it is more lifelike graphics and visuals, not like midair, that looks like power puff girls cartoon...only, so as that each planet/game mod, could have it's own visuals, if they desire cartoon looking ones, could be optional with the map and skin textures.

This would allow for the organic play better, where those who prefer cartoonish or lifelike textures can choose mod/map/skins display or base or lt, would have a wider array of graphical options to suit their needs and game play in general, with it being simple to download maps, skins and all automatically.

The option to maybe just select texture content, so that can play any map with custom user defined choices, as may be for children, parents prefer cartoon looking vs adult life like and blood splatter and body parts flying like quake.

count me in, on any project or team... even as an intern.

can maybe get groov to write me a resume~

:signed:

Back