Rogues that raid.

Sensi

Veteran X
how many of you guys top damage meters in long fights? i normally always am #1 on long fights like gruul or nightbane, and my guid leader gets pissed off at the mages/warlocks saying rogues shouldnt be on top. how many of you guys end up on top

Only fight our rogues get high ranks on the meters is on Magtheridon... cause they pretty much get to DPS the entire time.

Generally, it's a pack of warlocks at the top followed by a smattering of shadow priests, mages and rogues for my guild's runs.

The only fight (that we're currently doing) in which I don't top the meters is the lurker below. I've only done Void Reaver once, and I topped the meters, but I imagine a well-geared affliction warlock could be competitive with me on that fight, simply due to the insanely high armor that Void Reaver has. Yes, even with all the running around.

Your guild leader is a fucking retard if he thinks rogues shouldnt be on top of boss fights. There are only a few bosses like Shazz in MC where rogues don't shine like they do on any other boss.

Why you ask? Rogues don't have a finite supply of mana - we have unlimited energy. There's no excuse for a rogue to slouch on DPS except for "I died." or you're constantly running from an AOE attack. On long, 5 - 7 minute boss fights in Kara, a mage has a much higher chance of running out of mana and having to stop and regenerate than a rogue has of dying, especially if your tanks know wtf2do and hold aggro the whole time instead of passing it off onto your healers or DPSers.

So basically to recap:
Your guild leader is retarded.
Your guild sounds like a scrub guild.
Enjoy sucking at raiding.
Find a better guild.

The only fight (that we're currently doing) in which I don't top the meters is the lurker below. I've only done Void Reaver once, and I topped the meters, but I imagine a well-geared affliction warlock could be competitive with me on that fight, simply due to the insanely high armor that Void Reaver has. Yes, even with all the running around.

Damage is threat capped on void reaver, all our DPS has to go slow, even the rogues while burning vanish/invis/soulshatter every cooldown

Ok first off LGBR, go eat a fucking dick you 15 year old. My guild is a scrub guild? I didnt know one shotting gruul/high king every week is a scrub guild. Sorry that I have a life and dont get the chance (nor would i want to) raid 6 days a week like all the ssc guilds do. Enjoy sucking at raiding? How does being top damage make me suck at raiding? you are fucking retarded and need to put that dick back into your mouth

OMG YOU ARE LIEK SO KEWL AT THE INTARNET
could you honestly sound like a bigger nerd

says the rogue whos not sure if he should be number 1 on boss fights

i see pubs down gruul in 1 shot

he aint shit

QQ more newb

He should be rightfully pissed at warlocks and mages for not hitting higher numbers, especially on those two fights. Damage meters dont show the entire picture though and should never be taken at face value. A fight like Hydross may yield different damage meter results depending on what kind of strat you use. Some AoE down the adds while keeping rogues on boss, we have rogue blade flurry the first two adds and then move back to Hydross and allow the ranged dps to finish off the adds.

Because of the amount of movement needed by rogues to avoid cave-ins, Warlocks generally top the meters along with mages and shadow priests.

Hitting top meters in Karazhan isnt impressive in the fact that you may just be grouped with terrible players and the Curator->Aran section is caster unfriendly.

says the rogue whos not sure if he should be number 1 on boss fights

i see pubs down gruul in 1 shot

he aint shit

QQ more newb

you seriously are retarded lol. when did i EVER say im unsure of being number 1 damage on boss fights? l2read fucking idiot

you seriously are retarded lol. when did i EVER say im unsure of being number 1 damage on boss fights? l2read fucking idiot

In case you missed it, here's your original post.

how many of you guys top damage meters in long fights? i normally always am #1 on long fights like gruul or nightbane, and my guid leader gets pissed off at the mages/warlocks saying rogues shouldnt be on top. how many of you guys end up on top

Now, I dunno about you because I'm not a complete newb lololol, but asking questions like that usually reads as "I'm unsure." Which is why you'd be asking about it.

Your post should have read as such:

Sensi said:
How many of you guys top damage meters in long fights? I'm normally #1 on boss fights, but my guild leader gets pissed off at casters saying Rogues shouldn't be on top. We're a pretty good guild, we've got Kara and Gruul's Lair on farm status, but our guild leader really sounds like a newb when he says things like that considering a Rogues job is to be #1 all the time. How should I explain to him that he's wrong and that casters are meant for multiple target DPS and that Rogues are the best for single target DPS, especially on bosses, without sounding like an asshole or trying to make him look like an idiot (which he is)?

The fact that you instead posted LOL IM #1 BUT MY GUILD LEADER SAYS I SHOULDNT BE WUT AM I DOIN WRONG? says to me "First Raiding Guild" and "First Raiding Experience" for both you and your guild master.

I didn't mean to flame you in the original post but this whole thread is a no-fucking-brainer.

Usually in raiding, it's a toss-up between myself (the rogue) and our mage. Some crawls allow him to AOE multiple targets at once versus single pulls while melee DPS can function better. On yet others he's expending more energy on CC than damage, and on others I'm spending more time stun locking casting monsters. It also skews the numbers when someone dies.

So it all depends. That doesn't mean this question doesn't get repeatedly asked with varying results.

In a perfect situation with no variables:

All classes live and are equally geared and equally skilled against a boss that doesn't favor killing melee or casters any more than each other, the Rogue should be on top. Plain and simple.

Hell, look at my armory. I'm wearing 3 greens and I just joined a guild with Kara on farm status and when it comes to overall DPS, I've been on top every time I set foot inside with them. When we fight mobs, the mages get really close or overtake me for a bit, but when it comes to a boss I pull away so hard it's not funny - and they're not bad mages.

It's just a Rogues job to be that much of a badass. So no, you're not doing anything wrong, but honestly your guild leader sounds like a retard who watches too many Mage PVP Vids and cums at the 9000 pyroblast crits.

I dunno, I read his post just the way he typed it. He was asking how many of us end up on top, I'm assuming to use as ammunition in an argument with his GM. No need to be so critical.

On most boss fights, movement considered, I sit on the top of the charts. We were close to our first Mag kill and I was at 920dps and rising. 5% wipe because one guy was on the wrong box. Jesus christ that is so infuriating. Your gm probably has never run with solid rogues, or figures their nerfs recently should be putting them much lower than normal.

Ok first off LGBR, go eat a fucking dick you 15 year old. My guild is a scrub guild? I didnt know one shotting gruul/high king every week is a scrub guild. Sorry that I have a life and dont get the chance (nor would i want to) raid 6 days a week like all the ssc guilds do. Enjoy sucking at raiding? How does being top damage make me suck at raiding? you are fucking retarded and need to put that dick back into your mouth

OMG YOU ARE LIEK SO KEWL AT THE INTARNET
could you honestly sound like a bigger nerd

Uhhh, you don't play WoW 20 hours a day? Jeez man what kinda wower are you...

Edit: I'm 69 & excited about 70. First 70 raid I do i'm noobing out and fearing the entire dungeon and killing everyone! Can't stop wont stop bad Lock for life.

Last edited:
I dunno, I read his post just the way he typed it. He was asking how many of us end up on top, I'm assuming to use as ammunition in an argument with his GM. No need to be so critical.

On most boss fights, movement considered, I sit on the top of the charts. We were close to our first Mag kill and I was at 920dps and rising. 5% wipe because one guy was on the wrong box. Jesus christ that is so infuriating. Your gm probably has never run with solid rogues, or figures their nerfs recently should be putting them much lower than normal.

We wiped at 50% on Mag last night due to a doubleclick. Release the e-spiders!

Back