Researchers cured HIV

Misleading. They claim that anyone living over a certain amount of time has been "cured" of the disease.
They do this crap with cancer patients. They die a couple years later but died of something else.

Misleading. They claim that anyone living over a certain amount of time has been "cured" of the disease.
They do this crap with cancer patients. They die a couple years later but died of something else.

So the best way of curing AIDS is giving them cancer, so they can die of that? Works for me.

Sig.jpg

"Hi, I'm functionally cured of HIV"

"tee hee hee, maybe"​

So the best way of curing AIDS is giving them cancer, so they can die of that? Works for me.
Never said that. It's a comparison of how they keep stats of how people die.
In the cancer world, people have it, and if they live a certain number of years, they're presumed "cured" even if they die a year later. That's what they're trying to do with aids. Saying people are "cured" even though they will die a few years later. It's a scam by the insurance industry. Come to our clinics and be "cured" even though you will die a few years later.

uh

it says that 'functionally cured' means not having to have lifelong healthcare for that specific disease

so if this little girl doesnt have to take antiretrovirals and all the other crap that HIV patients need like steroids etc, she is 'functionally cured' of HIV

i dont think you're on the same page here ngfm

I wonder if it's possible that the baby was misdiagnosed and never had HIV to begin with.

Seems a bit too good to be true.

if this is true, then what's going to kill the gays off to keep their population low?

we can't let this happen!

Never said that. It's a comparison of how they keep stats of how people die.
In the cancer world, people have it, and if they live a certain number of years, they're presumed "cured" even if they die a year later. That's what they're trying to do with aids. Saying people are "cured" even though they will die a few years later. It's a scam by the insurance industry. Come to our clinics and be "cured" even though you will die a few years later.

Is there a chain mail going round about this for reference?

That is such a "Life Goes On" era disease. How about some cancer cures you irrelevant scientist fucks.

They gave the child the same drugs they give to everybody else. This particular child just responded differently. Unfortunately it looks like it has more to do with the child than some new revolutionary drug.

Back