Racist Dove ad shows negro turning into beautiful white after using soap

XrkxTaS.jpg

This is Dove saying "We want white customers. They have the cash. We aren't afraid of the backlash"

No way that goes through channels and accidentally gets the 'okay' stamp

Last edited:
Racism aside...

What is the message they were trying to present? I don't get it... how does marketing make such an obvious blunder?

I mean, it's not nearly as direct as this Chinese detergent ad...

Reggs works in marketing, I bet he slipped this one through for the boys

he's doing his part

are you?

Probably a calculated move to get more publicity and free advertising. What did they spend on the ad itself? $100? Like ST said; they probably know their demographic and will lose less from the backlash.

There's no way a marketing team puts that ad together and says "yeah, this is fine"

Probably a calculated move to get more publicity and free advertising. What did they spend on the ad itself? $100? Like ST said; they probably know their demographic and will lose less from the backlash.

There's no way a marketing team puts that ad together and says "yeah, this is fine"

I don't care but I have noticed and if I have noticed, my bet is that some weak people are pissed.

Look at all the commercials nowdays. It is a mixed couple what 80% of the time? (Just a Guess.)

It is like that are avoiding the white market. It wasn't a wise decision to ignore minority groups when advertising... it is downright stupid to snub the white money

If they got you talking about a goddamm ad, mission accomplished. As the #FakePresident has proven, time and time again, there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Back