Quantum physics - Double Slit experiment

daxMaximum

Veteran X
I realize this is just a cartoon, but I find this method of teaching really engrossing.

StumbleVideo

Is there anything else like this and does anyone know more about what has since in explaining this phenomena?

Last edited:
thanks for the ofn here

no really im not joking thanks because ive been trying to explain this cartoon (that i seen here a long time ago) to people and now i can bookmark it :)

Last edited:
BTW, that ending of what he said is bullshit in that stumble video.

Wave and Photons are human constructs, and light right now can not be explained because we defined photon and we defined what a wave is. We don't know exactly how it happens.

Any physics 101 class talks about this. Humans aren't perfect.

BTW, that ending of what he said is bullshit in that stumble video.

Wave and Photons are human constructs, and light right now can not be explained because we defined photon and we defined what a wave is. We don't know exactly how it happens.

Any physics 101 class talks about this. Humans aren't perfect.
Um what? Light acts as both a wave and a particle. It has nothing to do with being perfect.

Wave-Particle Duality

Need a million more?

there were some really good YTMNDs about this a few months back... and i seriously mean they did a great job of explaining it. So if someone wants to dig that shit up

So - uh - yeah, how come it changes only because we are observing it? What are these some self-aware nanoparticles or something?

So - uh - yeah, how come it changes only because we are observing it? What are these some self-aware nanoparticles or something?

as i understand this, it is not the fact of observation. we need light to see things. and it's the light that reflects off the electron that we see. but the problem is that the light changes the behavior of the electron. so it's impossible to watch the electrons because the very nature of watching them requires light which changes the behavior.

as i understand this, it is not the fact of observation. we need light to see things. and it's the light that reflects off the electron that we see. but the problem is that the light changes the behavior of the electron. so it's impossible to watch the electrons because the very nature of watching them requires light which changes the behavior.
Actually it is the fact of observation.

Quantum Knowing

Makes sense.

IDIOTS SHOULD HAVE OBSERVED THEM IN PITCH BLACK
madsunny.gif

that is a simple minded explanation segarob

it is a more general phenomenon that simply you cannot observe something without changing it in some way. if it is light bouncing off an electron, a photon combing with an electron to produce an electron/positron pair, a changing magnetic or electric field, or pressure produced by some collision, or fuck damn near anything else you can think of:

if you try to observe something you are interacting with it.

i wish my science teachers had the voice of this cartoon (better yet WERE a cartoon). i'd be far more entertained :p:

Back