Quakewars. Holy shit im getting excited!

just a rumor, most sites have it listed for being released in june. i know they are in closed beta now so i have a hard time believing a beta would last half a year....

No one should have to upgrade too much. It's been said if you can run doom3 and quake4 then you can run this, or rather, how those performed is how QW will perform.

No one should have to upgrade too much. It's been said if you can run doom3 and quake4 then you can run this, or rather, how those performed is how QW will perform.

Performance is more crucial in a multiplayer game though, and I really doubt that the massive external areas with many players going around will perform as well. Or, you'll need low view distances.

is this a first person shooter?

Yes

I mean, I'm running a 3700+ 64 with 2gb of ram and a 6800 Ultra, I should hope I wouldn't have to upgrade to enjoy this game with a little eye candy.

They said last Fall at first, then 1st Qtr. 2007, then June 2007, and now that article says it'll be released This Fall....

It best be good...

I mean, I'm running a 3700+ 64 with 2gb of ram and a 6800 Ultra, I should hope I wouldn't have to upgrade to enjoy this game with a little eye candy.

I'm on an XP 2700+, 1 GB of slowish RAM, and a 9800 Pro. I'm betting I will. I want to anyways; playing games on low with less than 30 FPS is getting tiring. The computer has lasted a long time though.

I'm on an XP 2700+, 1 GB of slowish RAM, and a 9800 Pro. I'm betting I will. I want to anyways; playing games on low with less than 30 FPS is getting tiring. The computer has lasted a long time though.

it better last at least 6 more months :satan:

Well mine anyways, I'm riding the same thing but the current generation of GFX cards, while performance monsters, leave a little something to be desired with size/power consumption.

Supposedly second gen vista architectures are going to address that.

it better last at least 6 more months :satan:

Well mine anyways, I'm riding the same thing but the current generation of GFX cards, while performance monster leave a little something to be desired with size/power consumption.

Supposedly second gen vista architectures are going to address that.

ATI should be revealing the R600s soon (next week, hopefully). Nvidia's current gen stuff has been somewhat disappointing.

The 88xx's are pretty good performers. Their Vista driver's lick ass though.

I'm sad that ATI killed off the AIW line. I had 2 AIW's in a row :(

Enemy Territory : Quake Wars - GDF Tutorial - Google Video

Looks like about 6 different games combined... some of it they arn't even hiding.

Battlefield games: The vehicles
Wolfenstein ET: The classes and level objective design
Tribes: Mapping... jetpacks ect.
Quake: Its in the title? :shrug:
Halo: Space marines and aliens look really really similar not that those two are anything new.
CNC: GDF and the human vehicle design screams it.

^ Recipe for success however so I wont complain. Rip out all the good parts of those games and smash them all together with some shiny graphics FTW!

Last edited:
The 88xx's are pretty good performers. Their Vista driver's lick ass though.

I'm sad that ATI killed off the AIW line. I had 2 AIW's in a row :(

It's less than double the performance of the X1950 though, and yet a great deal more expensive. Two X1950s are less expensive than one 8800 GTX, and perform a good deal better. Of course, they'd be more power hungry and hot as well, but :shrug:.

AnandTech: NVIDIA's GeForce 8800 (G80): GPUs Re-architected for DirectX 10

At E3 the systems used to play the Enemy Territory Quake Wars had:

Apparatus: Area-51 7500
Processor: Intel Pentium D Processor 950 w/ Dual Core Technology 3.4GHz 800MHz FSB
Operating System: Genuine Microsoft Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2
Power Supply: Alienware 650 Watt ATX 2.0 Power Supply with Active PFC
Chassis: Alienware Full-Tower Case - Space Black
Chassis Upgrades: AlienIce 2.0 Video Cooling
Motherboard: Alienware NVidia nForce4 SLI X16 Motherboard
Memory: 2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz - 2 x 1024MB
Video: NVIDIA 7800GTX 512MB
System Drive: High Performance - 160GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s 7,200 RPM w/ NCQ & 8MB Cache
Primary CD ROM/DVD ROM: 16x DVD-ROM Drive with Software DVD Decoder
Sound Card: Alienware Edition Sound Blaster X-Fi High Definition 7.1 Audio with XRAM Technology
Network Connection: Integrated High Performance Gigabit Ethernet

We were running our E3 build of ET:QW at 1024c768 with 2xMSAA (MultiSampling Anti-Aliasing) locked at 30 FPS. Your mileage may vary.

Back