Plane crashes into World trade Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is a snapshot of history, it should really be saved as a "What were people thinking when this event happened" kind of thing.

-Gallium

I say to myself that this shit doesn't affect me anymore, that I won't be able to watch TV tonight because it's just gonna be more 9/11 bullshit.

Then I re-read this thread from start to finish and it feels like I'm right back there the morning it happened.

This thread should be archived.

I wanted to jump outta my goddamn body to find all those people lost. Especially one kids father. He worked for Cantor-Fitzgerald, on the 105th floor. He hadn't a chance in hell. His kid now sees me as a father figure. I'm 17 years old. I know I could never measure up to what his father was. However I will do whatever I can to make my "brother" feel like he's not alone.

In addition to what everyone seems to say about the TV tonight. I suggest you watch it. New points of view are always there. Just take time to listen. Please keep this thread.

S0C7 said:
I say to myself that this shit doesn't affect me anymore, that I won't be able to watch TV tonight because it's just gonna be more 9/11 bullshit.

Then I re-read this thread from start to finish and it feels like I'm right back there the morning it happened.

This thread should be archived.

Amen to that. For lack of a better metaphor, it's a bit like picking a scab. I guess some things are better left bleeding.

SaintDude said:
My GF is in Manhattan today for some work training ... I have no idea wtf she is. *is actually crying*

my gawd ... i cant imagine what SD was goin thru ... having no idea if your gf was okay ...

damn

Been through a lot of emotions today as I listen to the stories about people lost and families left behind. I am going to sit down again tonight and tell my wife and daughter how much I care for and love them. I'm always throwing out "i luv yous" to them... but tonight I'm going to imagine that i only have 2 min. to talk to them before I never see them again.

twin_towers_heros_md_wht.gif

This event was like our collective generations' Pearl Harbor. That's the only reference I have for it.

While I often disagree with many people here, thanks for being some of the folks I shared this time with. It's odd to have a handle on the reactions of so many people I hardly know, and am seperated from by such distances and the annonymity of the internet. The soldiers at Pearl must have had similar feelings, I guess, not knowing most of the people around them, yet sharing such an awful experience with them. Gives you a little heart despite what is going on.

Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back