Plane crashes into World trade Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread does give me an eerie feeling when I look back on it. I remember posting back and forth at work that morning on here with the latest until we all said fuck it and left downtown. :(

S0C7 said:
Damn good thing it didn't hit lower on the tower. That much structural damage on the lower floors might have compromised the structural integrity of the building.

As cool as it sounds, having a building of that size collapse would be extremely terrifying.

posted 9:05 am on 9/11

:eek:

Just reading this makes me fucking sick to my stomach.

Of the 2,823 people killed in the attack, the remains of 1,092 have been identified. But nearly 20,000 body parts have been recovered, and the medical examiner expects to continue identification work for at least eight more months.

S0C7 said:
Wow. Good find Smack.

can't take the credit. I've been searchign for abotu an hour, but someone found it and linked in the "Original 9/11" thread.

yeah I know someoen of you are hardened and have all kinds of conspiricy theories, but please, take a few minutes today to think about how you felt when this happened. Also, think about the families of the people who lost their lives in this event.

:love: for the NYC Police and Firefighters who gave their lives trying to save the lost.

Wow, I remember starting this thread. I just got back from getting lunch while I was in London. I sat down at my desk and looked up at the TV and thought omg the World trade center was on fire and they were not sure what hit it. A few minutes later boom, the second plane hits, my heart sunk in my chest and thought to myself this can't be real. I called my wife just to tell her that I loved her as I spent the next two weeks in London.

I remember waking up at 9:30, to go to a funeral, and turning on my television, I was the first one to see. I was greeted with the image of the first tower going down. I still remember that feeling of awe and shock at seeing this massive structure and symbol of our country go down (I didn't know people were inside, looking back it's even worse than I realized that morning).

I remember waking up and turning on CNN like I always do, and seeing the second plane hit. I called my wife in and we both sat there, in silence. After a few minutes, I looked at her and said "That wasn't an accident."

I remmeber spending the rest of the day at work, glued to TW. We had news updates here 5 - 10 minutes before CNN becuase of all the local stations and people in NYC being able to see it.

I also remember the "Check in" Thread where all the TWers in NYC were posting to say they were ok, getting a "chain" going to find everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back