[Photography] What camera bag do you use for outdoor/active photography?

Obskure

Veteran X
I currently use a Tamrac Velocity 7x when I'm doing my outdoor photography, but the sling design does not work very well on long hikes and it can't carry much other than camera gear.

I received some Lowepro S&F gear for Christmas, and while it's awesome with the modular functionality, I don't know how well it will work for outdoors photography. It seems much better suited for city/event photography (like it's advertised), so I don't know if I could "force" it into outdoors stuff, especially since there doesn't seem to be a convenient place to carry a tripod, even with all the addons.

Lowepro S&F Belt
Lowepro S&F Vest

So anyway teedub photographers, what bag do you use for outdoor shots? I keep going back to the Lowepro Flipside Sport

Last edited:
During a wedding shoot I have a Lowepro belt with a Lowepro Lens Exchange bag for my 70-200 and a smaller bag that holds a 50mm and a random assortment of items (extra battery, flash batteries, etc). I also use a carabiner to attach a flashlight for extra light, if necessary. My wife only carries one of the 70-200 exchange bags since she is the main shooter.

If I am doing an engagement session or a simple portrait session I usually carry a Canon camera backpack. I don't like the large camera bags because I they seem to get in the way, so I opt for a belt solution or a backpack.

I have a lowpro something. it holds the Nikon and both lenses that I use, plus the cleaning crap, recharger, etc

lowepro slingshot 200 / 202

very comfortable, perfect size for the body and 2-3 lenses, is a "sling" type bag that so you can swap lenses or get stuff out of the bag without taking it off and putting it down on the ground.

lowpro pro runner 350aw and it's completely stuffed now ....

lowepro-pro-runner-350-aw.gif

Back