Peter Jackson to Direct The Hobbit

Adroit

Veteran XX
Comingsoon.net said:
Peter Jackson to Direct The Hobbit Films!
Source: Deadline, Heat Vision
June 25, 2010

On May 30th, director Guillermo del Toro made the surprising announcement that he would no longer be directing The Hobbit and its follow-up. At the time, "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy director Peter Jackson said:

Guillermo is co-writing the Hobbit screenplays with Philippa Boyens, Fran Walsh and myself, and happily our writing partnership will continue for several more months, until the scripts are fine tuned and polished. New Line and Warner Bros will sit down with us this week, to ensure a smooth and uneventful transition, as we secure a new director for the Hobbit. We do not anticipate any delay or disruption to ongoing pre-production work.

Our guess is that meeting went rather well, as Jackson is now taking over the director's chair for both films, in addition to executive producing and co-writing! His deal is being negotiated right now with New Line/Warner Bros. and MGM. Jackson will have to extricate himself from other project obligations, but it looks like this is going ahead.

Source: Peter Jackson to Direct The Hobbit Films! - ComingSoon.net

2.jpg

I would have liked to see someone else do it just to give the film a different vibe than LOTR...I don't know that Del Toro is as good as everyone says he is but he certainly would have made a different film.

I still like LOTR but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sick of those movies...will be interesting to see how it turns out with PJ.

Sweet 8 more hours of slow, homoerotic journeys across New Zealand.

Well there was that fight with......wait a sec your right the enitre book is them running around and stuff just happening around them.

This movie will need vampires in order to spice it up and attract the tween girl demo

Also, I'm guessing Jackson got a ton of money for this. Didn't he lose interest and swear it off before due to pre-production hell?

Well there was that fight with......wait a sec your right the enitre book is them running around and stuff just happening around them.

This movie will need vampires in order to spice it up and attract the tween girl demo

gandalf does a few hardcore things in the hobbit, there's always gollum, and a few chase/escape scenes

plus the spiders and shit

and one fuck-off big battle at the end

shouldnt be too bad, more of an adventure film than an action film

and thankfully no sparkly vampires

Back